Riding after the storm?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was planning on going for a ride after I got out of work today at 530. I know it poured all night and a little drizzle this morning, but I am curious if the trails will be totally flooded out or not. I don't mind getting muddy, and would like to have a fun time, as the temperatures are going to be perfect.

What are your thoughts?

jimmysnukastyle

The Canal side will be pretty muddy - I'd avoid it. The Route 27 side should have some mud and may be slick but should still be a good time. Definitely don't hit the canal side though. I may hit it in an hour or so - I'll let you know.

ArmyOfNone

Dont even bother. The place is going to be a mess. Well it has to stop raining first. The park will most likely need two or three days to drain after all this rain.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really? damn. I really want to get out! It looks like its going to stop raining soon, I know the 27 side isnt as bad as the canal side. Riding in the mud could be fun :p

jimmysnukastyle

I just rode Route 27 to the concrete bridge (near the barn with the yellow pedestrian sign on it). It was still fun - VERY SLICK - few dozen puddles I had to go through but nothing that got me stuck. I walked the bridges - slippery as hell. I'm covered in mud and it wasn't as fast and fun as usual but I still had a good time.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Team MTBNJ Halter's
as long as it doesnt rain from here on out i plan on going ;)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Team MTBNJ Halter's
rode from 27 to south middlebush and back. i now know the true definition of "slick". almost lost it a couple times going over simple roots and a couple of the log jumps. did my first attempt at the seesaw, and i got it down.

good time though :getsome:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions