Riding after the storm?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I was planning on going for a ride after I got out of work today at 530. I know it poured all night and a little drizzle this morning, but I am curious if the trails will be totally flooded out or not. I don't mind getting muddy, and would like to have a fun time, as the temperatures are going to be perfect.

What are your thoughts?

jimmysnukastyle

The Canal side will be pretty muddy - I'd avoid it. The Route 27 side should have some mud and may be slick but should still be a good time. Definitely don't hit the canal side though. I may hit it in an hour or so - I'll let you know.

ArmyOfNone

Dont even bother. The place is going to be a mess. Well it has to stop raining first. The park will most likely need two or three days to drain after all this rain.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Really? damn. I really want to get out! It looks like its going to stop raining soon, I know the 27 side isnt as bad as the canal side. Riding in the mud could be fun :p

jimmysnukastyle

I just rode Route 27 to the concrete bridge (near the barn with the yellow pedestrian sign on it). It was still fun - VERY SLICK - few dozen puddles I had to go through but nothing that got me stuck. I walked the bridges - slippery as hell. I'm covered in mud and it wasn't as fast and fun as usual but I still had a good time.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
rode from 27 to south middlebush and back. i now know the true definition of "slick". almost lost it a couple times going over simple roots and a couple of the log jumps. did my first attempt at the seesaw, and i got it down.

good time though :getsome:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions