Reviving CheeseQuake trail

Richard

Damn! I didn't even see that you wrote me back till now.. I'm up for a ride this morning if you see this in time, if not then no biggie ;-)
Yup! I'll be there around 8:30! Heheh

Talon grey/blue on white helmet dude

See yah!!! I hope I got the leg muscle to endure now haha

Oz Von Toco

How were/are conditions? Looking to head down there since I'm assuming the sandier south nj soil might have drained off better than chimney rock or Lewis morris

Oz Von Toco

Thanks! Been meaning to check there out as another place to bike within 45 mins. Did the yellow loop at chimney rock 2x and it was dry

Richard

We'll be back maybe next week, if you want to come over and conquer those steep climbs and dips haha

Will be updating, hopefully @Chris Nordt still has some free time to teach me some MTBiking skills

Dang! Sore legs and butt hahahaha

Chris Nordt

Earlier is usually better, it's still fairly cool out and a bit less humid. But we need to keep an eye on the weather, it's supposed to rain some this week and CQ doesn't drain as well as Allaire or Huber which are more sandy. So hopefully we can get in a ride this weekend, possibly during the week if the rain holds off if you are free @Richard

Oz Von Toco

I'm down for this weekend, don't think I'll be able to get out this week (but normally ride weekdays). If it's wet like it supposed to be I'm open to allaire or hartshorne on Saturday. Only been to each of them once. Loved the descents at hartshorne. Feel free to PM me as well

Chris Nordt

I don't think my legs or @Richard 's legs are ready for Harthshorn yet haha.. Depending on rain fall, Huber will work as the back-up to CQ. But with how the storms are coming all week, I don't think any park will be safe to ride. Possibly Huber Sunday morning, but that is looking pretty iffy at the moment.

Oz Von Toco

I think I changed huber to hartshorne in my head. Never been to huber! But would definitely check it out assuming it's safe to ride after all this wet weather

Chris Nordt

Yeah, Harthshorn and Huber are almost the same park but Huber has a lot less steep hills.. If we get as much rain as we are supposed to no park will be safe to ride, we will have to play it by ear.

Richard

Yeah, Harthshorn and Huber are almost the same park but Huber has a lot less steep hills.. If we get as much rain as we are supposed to no park will be safe to ride, we will have to play it by ear.
Hmm if these coming days are going to leave CQ wet and muddy.. maybe we can go to Huber as you said it has less steep hills.. what say you guys? how many miles is that away from us @Chris Nordt ?

Last edited:

Chris Nordt

Depending on how much rain we get Huber may be a no-go a well, we will have to play it by ear. Huber is about 15 miles away from us @Richard, I can even come pick you up if we end up riding.

Richard

Depending on how much rain we get Huber may be a no-go a well, we will have to play it by ear. Huber is about 15 miles away from us @Richard, I can even come pick you up if we end up riding.
Aight then, yeah maybe I can score some bike carrier at the back of my car too so I can roam around with my bike.. hey can you hit me up if you find some lightened materials (hollowtech crank, casette, RD FD) that are out there? my bike really is heavy.. i envy your bike dude! Sooo light!

Should have scoured some bike parts to make it easier for my pocket..

looking for budget Deore Hollowtech crank to start with.. I think my crank is one that makes the most of the weight on my bike

Chris Nordt

Aight then, yeah maybe I can score some bike carrier at the back of my car too so I can roam around with my bike.. hey can you hit me up if you find some lightened materials (hollowtech crank, casette, RD FD) that are out there? my bike really is heavy.. i envy your bike dude! Sooo light!

Should have scoured some bike parts to make it easier for my pocket..

looking for budget Deore Hollowtech crank to start with.. I think my crank is one that makes the most of the weight on my bike

I may actually have some lightweight stuff that will fit your bike (handlebar/stem/seatpost) Do you know your seatpost size? Is your stem threadless?

Richard

I may actually have some lightweight stuff that will fit your bike (handlebar/stem/seatpost) Do you know your seatpost size? Is your stem threadless?
Hmmm I think it is threadless, the size is -- 30.9mm Giant Sport -- but i think seatpost, stem and handlebar is already lightened.. one thing I noticed is the crank is too heavy.. durable but heavy.. I might need to start on that.. hmm thinking of setting some bucks aside so the Boss is not going to notice that I am going to upgrade something on my bike LOL!

Crank and wheelset.. afaik if I change those it will be a LOT lighter

Last edited:

Chris Nordt

Hmmm I think it is threadless, the size is -- 30.9mm Giant Sport -- but i think seatpost, stem and handlebar is already lightened.. one thing I noticed is the crank is too heavy.. durable but heavy.. I might need to start on that.. hmm thinking of setting some bucks aside so the Boss is not going to notice that I am going to upgrade something on my bike LOL!

Crank and wheelset.. afaik if I change those it will be a LOT lighter

What's the year/model of your Giant? I can look up your dimensions and help you locate a few parts with out making the Boss too angry ;-)

Top Bottom