Reviving CheeseQuake trail

I would say if you can get to allaire you may have a more enjoyable time. While cheesequake is small, it's not very beginner friendly given the fact that the trails aren't well maintained.
This.. Cheesequake is actually pretty tough in spots.. Allaire would be your best bet. There's some small parks with a mix of terrain (gravel, single track, mowed fields etc) like Tatum, Ramenessin and Thompson (Lincroft).

Yes, I live nearby, Sayreville Parlin.. Thank you for the info Chris, I would love to check the trails soon.. maybe this summer or earlier..

I'm down the road from that trail in Laurence Harbor, let me know when you are ready to check it out.. I'll take you for a tour ;-)

Nice! Thanks Chris! will surely let you know! I hope its not windy or it doesn't snow these coming weeks.. by the way.. do you know any shops where I can buy some bike apparel gears? sorry not the right thread.. i had to ask

Nice! Thanks Chris! will surely let you know! I hope its not windy or it doesn't snow these coming weeks.. by the way.. do you know any shops where I can buy some bike apparel gears? sorry not the right thread.. i had to ask

The way the weather has been lately it's tough to say, but with day light saving this weekend at least we will gain more day light. There is a shop on Rt.34 in Matawan, Planet Bike, you can check out. I get most of my apparel online either through nashbar.com or backcountry.com

The way the weather has been lately it's tough to say, but with day light saving this weekend at least we will gain more day light. There is a shop on Rt.34 in Matawan, Planet Bike, you can check out. I get most of my apparel online either through nashbar.com or backcountry.com
Yeah, maybe its better or cheaper to get it online then..Ill check nashbar or backcountry thnx! I'll have to get me gear up first before going to trail

Yeah, maybe its better or cheaper to get it online then..Ill check nashbar or backcountry thnx! I'll have to get me gear up first before going to trail

Yeah, you have to look around for deals. I grab bike tights and shorts from nashbar and down hill jerseys from backcountry, i go long sleeve in the woods to help with the poison ivy lol.

Same here, about 2 min away in the opposite direction. I wouldn't suggest this weekend though, rain/snow tomorrow and a high of 30° all weekend. I prefer it to be just a bit warmer for a ride lol.

I prefer it warmer to man but I got a 10 year old with a new fatbike last weekend I don't foresee a choice of not going.

I prefer it warmer to man but I got a 10 year old with a new fatbike last weekend I don't foresee a choice of not going.

Haha, fair enough.. Well if there is any rain/snow today I wouldn't suggest going tomorrow. There are some decent hills, and riding with wet terrain will make them practicly unclimbable, plus it's not good for the trails. So let's play it by ear, and if you are definitely going let me know and I'll try to meet up with you.

YEP! Snow came! and will be tougher next week as weather app predicts.. ( well gives me time to grab those gears heh)

Nice Chrisbfuse! ! Are there any more of us bikers who live nearby going to CQ on warmer days?

I would say if you can get to allaire you may have a more enjoyable time. While cheesequake is small, it's not very beginner friendly given the fact that the trails aren't well maintained.

Since we live near this site ( I would love to have this developed more to a better trail for us to enjoy) , is there a way we can do anything about maintaining and developing it? if so, how do we go on with that? I know money matters as well but I guess if all of us wanting to do the same then it would do great benefit not only for us but it can catch tourism for the community too?

I think the only way that trail becomes more appealing is if there mtb was permitted on the rest of the trails there.. it is only like a 1 mile loop. No one is going out of their way for that. On top of that you have to pay for access (unless you park in the Park and Ride near the parkway, but not sure what the legality of that is either). I am less than 10 from there and never go there. Not worth it for the short loop that it is. It has some charms no doubt. Only time I would go there is I was desperate for a ride and short on time.. and it's off season for the park. With that said, someone is doing something, last time I was there I think there some new log piles.

I have read some info around, like going there and park at the office then ride all the way to the trail or may be going after 4pm.. but anyways, can you suggest any other good trail spots nearby other than CQ? I am just a newbie with biking.. but I am thrilled and excited to learn more about it.

Back
Top Bottom