Recovery room

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Tendon transfer in the left hand. Thank goodness for RX.

I didn't see this until now.
Damn. I can only imagine it... and even that hurts my brain.
From an accident?
What's your prognosis and what's the recovery time?

I assume the dizziness is gone?

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I didn't see this until now.
Damn. I can only imagine it... and even that hurts my brain.
From an accident?
What's your prognosis and what's the recovery time?

I assume the dizziness is gone?

I rolled a wire bead while riding DH in July, the part of the trail I bailed the bike happen to be very dusty, to avoid a head injury i put my hands infront of my head and my thumb got wrapped up in the rubber padding on the lift pole. Needless to say, goodbye tendon. The recovery is 6 weeks, I hope to ride in 4. and I've made big strides after the ear surgury, my only limits there are time outta the water - I am looking at May as possible date to surf.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Feelin real good. I cut my cast off and made a bandage that I can wear long sleeve shirts and grasp the steering wheel with. I plan on beggining a running program as soon as this weekend. I might even try some light xc trail riding on sunday.

I almost fainted when I realized how much damage was done during the procedure.:puke:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Is this a post-op photo or what you found when you cut off your cast?

All I can say is be super careful, dude.
And maybe be clean of the meds before you get out there so you know what your hand really feels like before you bounce it around.

For me, it's 5 weeks after and it's just starting to become easier to find a comfortable sleeping position. Though I am out rockin the roads, I'm still not ready to hit the woods 'cause I know I can't take another big hit to the shoulder yet. Unlike your typical bruise, ligaments and tendons can be tricky and not as forgiving as muscle. Without a doubt if I nailed it again now, it would be all over for a long, long time.

Top Bottom