Recommend me a Hardtail !!!

Best color they ever made.

IMG_20200419_135728_249.jpg

It wasn't that great, my hub exploded. I guess I need a do-over though.

It was great because it was your hub, not mine. ?
and I didn’t get to see you ride my nemesis.

Here is a review done last week on the Timberjack if you want to check it out I though it was a pretty good review. I looked at the Salsa myself the other year and its a solid bike for the money. I ended up with a Kona Big Honzo 27.5+ that I scored a killed deal used on and really love that bike.. (Technically it;s my wife's bike)

If you were going to spend as much as that slx timberjack, I'd take a look at that VanDessel RyanP has for sale, but new is...well... new.

As far the comments on hardtail fork travel ? You certainly can get a long travel hardtail, and they are fun as hell. I had a 140mm steel hardtail that ripped, and if I could have bought my current bike without having to sell it, i would have, as I miss it alot. Some go up as high as 160, but I dont sound like you really need something like that.

Oh...you still didnt say what you're riding now !...Or did I miss that ?

Last edited:
Jamis Durango 1.0 Med frame, 26x2.35 kenda rear, 26x2.25 bell kingpin front. Converted 1x11 w/shram derailer. 5 year old rockshox forget the model. Cable disk brakes. DIY chain guide......I know I know the tires and fork are worth more than the frame. I got a good deal on it at the time and built it up some.

Jamis Durango 1.0 Med frame, 26x2.35 kenda rear, 26x2.25 bell kingpin front. Converted 1x11 w/shram derailer. 5 year old rockshox forget the model. Cable disk brakes. DIY chain guide......I know I know the tires and fork are worth more than the frame. I got a good deal on it at the time and built it up some.
Pro tip: front tire should always be equal to or wider than rear.

Nothing wrong with that. I've had more than a few bikes that the majority of folks would have told me I'm crazy for fixing up....starting with my wife..lol.

Just keep riding the crap out of that thing, while keeping one eye on the buy/sell sections of the forums, and the other on your bank account. When it gets so clapped out it's not fun anymore, pull the trigger on something that suits your most frequently visited trails.

Nothing wrong with that. I've had more than a few bikes that the majority of folks would have told me I'm crazy for fixing up....starting with my wife..lol.

Just keep riding the crap out of that thing, while keeping one eye on the buy/sell sections of the forums, and the other on your bank account. When it gets so clapped out it's not fun anymore, pull the trigger on something that suits your most frequently visited trails.
Your friends said you’re crazy for fixing up your wife?

It's a good bike and I beat the hell out of it, just time for an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom