Ramapo Mountain Conditions

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Slightly less snow than RW, but still a bit of snow (2-3") up there. I got a chuckle out of the 20 foot test strip someone made with a bike and apparently went home. A mix of crust and slush with mud in sunny spots. I think your best bet is get in early while everything is frozen, but expect some walking in the next few days. May be real muddy by the weekend. :cry:

aedubber

Conditions are awesome , Yellow is good to go . Cannonball from Skyline down to river is snowy and muddy lol . Blue trail up top by pipeline is good . Snowy spots on the fireroads but overall still able to ride .

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Snow is gone and trails very good. The few soft spots should be dry by Friday if the weather cooperates. :) Enjoy!

aedubber

Trails are PRIME .. Took a nice spin today starting at TOS taking Cannonball trail down and split to the right taking a fire road up by white trail, then from there hopped onto an unmarked trail up by the pipeline , jumped onto blue , hit orange all the way down and Cannon ball back up to the lake , and the fire road back up to TOS. Im beat :drooling:

901567_10201111640257129_964060151_o.jpg

ajb

anyone ride the trails below the lake, i.e. soccer fields, this weekend? how are thy looking?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Blue (not the blue from the lower lot to the lake) is a pool, I am not kidding, see attached. Not that Blue is a highlight of the park, most people don't go that way.
Orange is very wet on the usual section, which is pretty wet most of the year.
White is fine (by the top)
Yellow is fine
Cannonball is fine
Indian, some mud spots
Below 287 is probably a mud fest.

But if you are into stairs, now we have some...:hmmm::hmmm:

Attachments

• IMG_4481.JPG
    IMG_4481.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_4483.JPG
    IMG_4483.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 509

ajb

But if you are into stairs, now we have some...:hmmm::hmmm:

oh cool, we get to work trials.

that's a LOT of work, but why? most hikers don't even like stairs.

btw thanks for the updates. was planning on going out tomorrow, but not after today. will have to wait til later in the week at least

UnionRider475

There is the usual puddles and mud holes, but overall not too bad. A tree is across the trail at the back end of the lake where CBall connects to the fire road. Hardly any bugs tonight and nice and cool.

Yeah - saw that tree down walking my dog tonight . Puddles around but that's it . I come from Back Beach and there's about 4-5 trees that need to be cleared , but I don't think anyone really takes care of that part of the trail

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
As of 3/26/14 trails north of Skyline Dr towards RW are in good shape. Most the snow is gone and the majority of the trail is dry. Until the ground is completely defrosted, trails may need a day or two to dry out after heavy rain which is to be expected this time of year.

You will encounter more snow as you head north. Hopefully that will melt out in the next week.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Couple trees down, but overall excellent conditions today. Seems to drain well. I'd venture to say Ringwood, being similar terrain and next door, should be ok too.

bucknejo

Would anyone know if TOS would be ridable this weekend (Sunday)? There was a lot of rain Wednesday but since then and going forward it looks to be sunny and dry. I'm looking to get out in this park for the first time, but don't want to destroy the place if it's just going to be a mud festival.

gtluke

The Moped
Would anyone know if TOS would be ridable this weekend (Sunday)? There was a lot of rain Wednesday but since then and going forward it looks to be sunny and dry. I'm looking to get out in this park for the first time, but don't want to destroy the place if it's just going to be a mud festival.
There is pretty much no dirt to begin with. It won't be great but it won't be bad either.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would probably avoid taking Cannonball down past 287, and there will likely be a large muddy swamp on one section of the Wanaque Ridge (orange blazed) trail. It shouldn't be too bad otherwise.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Temps were below freezing the past 2 nights. Should be fine as long as you ride early.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions