Race loop

map111158

Hi can anyone tell me where the race loop is at ringwood? I heard its near shepherd lake up a fire road than look for brown blazes with a rider on them but thats not very descriptive. Not sure. Looking for where to park and than where to head towards if anyone knows. Thanks

Hi can anyone tell me where the race loop is at ringwood? I heard its near shepherd lake up a fire road than look for brown blazes with a rider on them but thats not very descriptive. Not sure. Looking for where to park and than where to head towards if anyone knows. Thanks

Do you mean the actual race loop for next H2H race in October or just the section commonly referred as the "race loop"???

If it is the latter then, park at Sheperds lake and follow....

.......Stick to Sheperds Lake and do the Race Track loop, after all, there is a beginner CAT and they do the Race track, so you should be fine.

start at sheperds lake lot...start on the fire road....keep going, you will see a 'hiking' red trail to your right, then a steep washed out climb also on your right...keep going straight until next intersection make a right on to another fire road. Next 4 way (easy now ;)) intersection, make a left...follow that fire road...it will become a long down hill one...at the bottom make right, still on Fire road (oh, this sounds boring, all fire road :hmmm:) at some point you will see a single track trail head to your right. Take it. that is the race track loop. it starts as a rocky twisty climb...but dont get discouraged, keep going, you will come up to the gas/pipe line. shoot straight and keep on race track...it will have some rocks and climbs but a sweet decent later on..keep pushing. Eventually you will come out to another fire road, cross it, keep straight on Race track, it starts with a short steep climb, but after that is pretty much all downhill to Sheperds lake. If you didnt have enough...Rinse & Repeat :D.......

If it is the latter then, park at Sheperds lake and follow....

From what I understand of this year's course, you are missing a large chuck of the course in the middle. You got the beginning and end correct. ;)

Last edited:
Course is different this yr. Going with an old school course. Got that from the best source possible.

a larger more encompassing race loop

how do the sections near brushwood pond fit into the equation. those are marked with brown (rvcc symbol on them) stakes also as is the section that is called blueberry. is there a map of a larger loop that encompasses all these stacked trails?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions