Quarry Park

gcab

The quarrying operations on 29 and pleasant valley rd are supposed to cease in spring 2023 and Mercer County is taking over the land for a park. They are holding a planning meeting to see what kind of non traditional park activities can be included.
May be an opportunity to lobby for a pump track or something similar that may draw people for mtb similar to High Bridge?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The quarrying operations on 29 and pleasant valley rd are supposed to cease in spring 2023 and Mercer County is taking over the land for a park. They are holding a planning meeting to see what kind of non traditional park activities can be included.
May be an opportunity to lobby for a pump track or something similar that may draw people for mtb similar to High Bridge?

Yes, @avid_justin and I have already discussed it with the park this time last year and will continue to work on it. This is in addition to improvements to the existing trail network. I will be attending the meeting.

please DM me so we can have a coordinated consist message.

rick81721

Lothar
Yes, @avid_justin and I have already discussed it with the park this time last year and will continue to work on it. This is in addition to improvements to the existing trail network. I will be attending the meeting.

please DM me so we can have a coordinated consist message.

You'd think they could build some awesome trails in a quarry. Some of the best trail systems in FL were phosphate quarries

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Meeting is tonight, I am not sure how they will format it, but if there is a comment section, Please note:

Mountain biker interested in expanding the existing trail network and connecting to the existing Red and Yellow trails. Interested in a pump track and a flow trail(s). Would love to volunteer for trail building and maintenance efforts!

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So over 110 people on the zoom call. They disabled the seeing the user list, so couldnt see who was on (unless I missed it).

There were a few people who mentioned mtb trails, so that was good and thank you, if it was you. They also read my blurb I sent to the panelists.

There were a few comments with opposition to any mountain bikes at Baldpate.

There is a ton of opportunity here, we won't let it pass by...

gcab

So over 110 people on the zoom call. They disabled the seeing the user list, so couldnt see who was on (unless I missed it).

There were a few people who mentioned mtb trails, so that was good and thank you, if it was you. They also read my blurb I sent to the panelists.

There were a few comments with opposition to any mountain bikes at Baldpate.

There is a ton of opportunity here, we won't let it pass by...
Heard that comment on opposition to mtb at baldpate near the end there. Definitely an interesting meeting for sure.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Heard that comment on opposition to mtb at baldpate near the end there. Definitely an interesting meeting for sure.
This is nothing new, “connecting the yellow trail to the new site would be devastating to the bird population”

I need to make nice with FOHV, mtb has no presence with them.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Second meeting is tonight from 6-8.

This should be the link:

My understanding is that they are still gathering information / user groups. While I have been in contact with the firm doing the plan, details have been limited.

In the comments during the meeting, please comment.

Mountain biker interested in expanding the existing trail network and connecting to the existing Red and Yellow trails. Interested in a family pump track and a flow trail(s). Would love to volunteer for trail building and maintenance efforts!

Igotsoul4u

I just found out about this. Wish I had known earlier so I could have attended the meetings. I'll keep my eye out if there are opportunities to be present at meetings.

pkovo

I'm completely disconnected from this issue and pretty much everything this time of year; busy season at work = 80 hour a week zombie, but......I got an email from Jorba on this yesterday regarding the survey. Completed the survey per the email. MTB trails, Pump track and connections to other trails....win win win!

I would strongly suggest others do the same. Takes all of 5 minutes to complete the survey.

MtTrailz

Completed the survey and indicated desire to connect BP Red and Yellow trails to the new Quarry Park. Also volunteered to help build trails. Now on the email list to receive notices.

Top Bottom