Quarry Park

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I just found out about this. Wish I had known earlier so I could have attended the meetings. I'll keep my eye out if there are opportunities to be present at meetings.
The Simone group reached out to me and we will have an interview representing the mountain bikes user group.
Thank you all for your support thus far.

PM me if you have any concerns you want to pass along. We have been in communication with the county about this site since November 2019, and in combination with progress with TM efforts, it is starting to pay off.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The Simone group reached out to me and we will have an interview representing the mountain bikes user group.
Thank you all for your support thus far.

PM me if you have any concerns you want to pass along. We have been in communication with the county about this site since November 2019, and in combination with progress with TM efforts, it is starting to pay off.
Thanks for hanging in there with this! I know this stuff can be a long road but as long as the answer isn’t no right out of the gate it’s a good sign.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Thanks for hanging in there with this! I know this stuff can be a long road but as long as the answer isn’t no right out of the gate it’s a good sign.
I heard a LOT a of NOs at 6mr and then a maybe l... and then a “let’s try letting you build a test section”.. and then a yes. Keep your head down and be ready for the vocal few who are anti-mtb, but don’t even know what that really means.

I’m working on starting another local mtb park and I’ve seen a lot of pushback. This letter below was pretty helpful:

Good Morning,

I can attest to Jason Fenton’s dedication to creating responsible, recreational opportunities for the public to experience a connection with the natural world. Six Mile Run Reservoir Site, which is administered by the D&R Canal State Park, has over 13 miles of natural surface, multiuse trail that traverse through upland forests, edges of leased agriculture fields, successional forests, wetlands. It is due the steadfast dedication of Jason, along with other JORBA volunteers, that these trails are maintained and monitored for the 10+ years that we have partnered in this effort.

We have been in constant contact over the years as Jason is continually assessing the conditions of trails for potential erosion and safety issues. He has always approached the park staff for approval for any adjustments or additions before conducting work. All of the trails at Six Mile Run have be reviewed for potential detriment to historic and natural resources before they are approved and Jason has always been respectful of these concerns. JORBA volunteers have been the main force in keeping our trails in good condition, as they trim back vegetation, address maintenance issues on the existing trails and stop the construction of non-authorized trails. We have very limited staff at the park and without the ongoing commitment of these volunteers we would not be able to provide this treasured resource that is enjoyed by so many.

Please feel free to reach out with me if you have any questions,

Steph Fox

ekuhn

Completed the survey. Hopefully it helps.

Some of the bigger picture items (amphitheater, visitors center) I think is too much, but keeping the "base" around the quarry I feel is a good idea.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
BTW, Justin Lax and myself were the reps for the the MTB user group interview and the Simone Group is very responsive to inclding mountain bikes in the plan. They did note that they had a big response from MTB'er for the survey. Guess we will see if those efforts are on the right track tonight.

Also, keep in mind that this is a draft presentation for a master plan, not an implementation plan.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Will give an update later, but mountain bikers came through BIG TIME. Thank you! Mountain biking THE top ranked concept. Adventure sports concept highest rated by 2 to 1.
491CA538-E018-40FC-BF47-655C409F08FD.jpeg
17E5DC7F-0B6A-464F-A209-80EC45F8BAFC.jpeg

A3345D92-BDD4-4F27-95DD-6E67A8DC33E6.jpeg

I'd love to see a pump track like the Railyard in Bentonville. I'm hoping for a loop trail to add to my mix of Wash Crossing, Bald Pate, and Water Co. loop.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I'd love to see a pump track like the Railyard in Bentonville. I'm hoping for a loop trail to add to my mix of Wash Crossing, Bald Pate, and Water Co. loop.
AAF9C1A5-E591-45E8-A8C8-F007412F6019.jpeg

connector trails to Baldpate. And there will be a trail that goes around the the whole quarry, however it looks like it will be crushed stone.

View attachment 158032
connector trails to Baldpate. And there will be a trail that goes around the the whole quarry, however it looks like it will be crushed stone.
When they were talking about the trails on the east side of the quarry (top of the map near the wetland) I noticed that they were noted as hiking trails and an ADA trail. I was thinking that this would be off limits to mountain bikes since it did not note multi use.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
When they were talking about the trails on the east side of the quarry (top of the map near the wetland) I noticed that they were noted as hiking trails and an ADA trail. I was thinking that this would be off limits to mountain bikes since it did not note multi use.
one thing to note is that other users groups want to have no mountain biking Anywhere in Baldpate. That is another battle I am
Working on.

Top Bottom