Q: Trainer for kids

rosceaux

One of my friends has a 10 year-old son who was very active. Two years ago, they located a tumor, but only after he lost his sight. His sight has not returned. For the most part, he is healthy and energetic. Last spring I got them an Adams Trail-A-Bike and set it up for them. It was really the only exercise for dad and his son really enjoyed it. I don't know why I didn't think about it until now, but I'd love to set the kid up with a trainer. I was looking at a few models, but I don't know if they would be able to give resistance on a kid's bike. (And he's a pretty small kid.) If he's into it might think about a smart trainer so he can get audio feedback or have some level of interaction. Its a new world for me as I use rollers and don't know the landscape.

Any information would be appreciated.

I have a Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer collecting dust in my basement. It's not a smart trainer, and I don't know if it works with a kid's bike, but they can borrow it indefinitely if it works for them. Located in Parsippany.

I just hooked my sons bike up to a trainer I have. It’s older but it works with zwift, not blue tooth compatible. It’s listed in the for sale section, if he doesn’t like it this week, they can have it

Thanks for the information and for some VERY generous offers. Right now I am trying to assess the landscape. I know most wheel-on trainers won't work with kid's tires. It looks like the new (unavailable) and older (no longer made) wheel adapters for the Kinetics are not a viable option, at least not right now. I was hoping to let him try something out and assess the functionality of it before making a significant investment.

Thanks for the resources, it is both helpful and appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom