Park City P2P

6thElement

Just registered for the only race I'm really planning on this year and it's not until Labor Day weekend.

350 spots sold out in 5 minutes, there's a few NJ people down as registered but only myself and a teammate from NY.

Anyone here in that NJ crowd?

Great event. Some of the best riding anywhere.

Love me some PC !

P2P posted it sold out in 4 minutes and 51 seconds with just over 700 people trying to enter, I was pretty surprised we got in. There are 5 of us I know that entered, 4 from the east coast including my lovely wife :D

For anyone who didn't get a spot, its pretty easy to find one second hand this spring or early summer. Start training NOW.

I moved from NJ to PC this summer, It took a while getting used to the smooth trails, steep climbs (lack of O2) and fast descents. I love it out here.

Should be an awesome race this year.

If anyone needs local info or anything feel free to hit me up.

Last edited:
I want to ride some PC trails to get an idea what to expect.

The best way I could describe our trails out here are: dry, flowy, and smooth. There will be a short technical/tight and an Enduro section but besides that - the trails are pretty open, dry and smooth. To practice - ride uphill for a few miles with a nose-plug on to get used to the lack of oxygen, and then cut your brakes on the way back down to get used to flying down some buff singletrack.

Tires

What's a good tyre, the usual Ikon or RaRa?

Yea, go with something fast and efficient. Although I like to run something more aggressive up front (but tire choice is a very personal thing).

It rarely rains here, and when it does it dries up quick. The trails are 90% smooth packed dirt with a few rocks thrown in there.

Back
Top Bottom