Orange to Blue

rlb

Might hit up Allaire for the first time this weekend if Six Mile is too slick and muddy. I want to do a well marked loop since I've never been there, I'm thinking (from Hospital Rd) Taking Orange/White out to Blue, hang a left on Blue and when I get to point 7 either head west or east and come back around to Hospital Rd on the Orange trail. Are there any excessively sandy areas along these trails? I've read you can't avoid it, but I'd like to stay away from any of the larger problem areas if possible. Thanks!

BTW I mean the 7 on this map...
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=176&d=1145472082

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
I would say its best to ride Allaire with someone. While the place has some markers, it can get quite confusing. Plus with a regular, you will get all the good stuff.

Is it do-able by yourself, certainly. If you can get a guide it will be tons better.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
walter is right. ive been riding at allaire every week since april and i still kinda kinda confused at times. post up interest in doing a ride with dates and times and im more than sure youll get plenty of responses.

rlb

Not sure when during the weekend I'll actually get out there (both days would be nice :D) Plus my GF and I are still beginners so we'll be moving at our own pace. In other words, no use for me to try to get a ride together at this point. Thanks for the advice though. We went to 6 mile on our own the first time and we got lost. She didn't find it as amusing as I did haha I'll be at the beginner rides w/ you guys come Spring time!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
hey man just post up a begginners pace ride. some of us allaire riders are chubby and dont mind a slow pace sometimes. hahaha.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I might be out at allaire on Sunday morning with a buddy of mine for a slower paced ride I do not mind showing you around not sure of the time yet...

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i might be bringing the mean irish girl to allaire for a slow paced ride. a very slow paced ride. maybe ill see you guys out there.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
could work you know I can ride slow...I think piper1969 is gonna try and get out I hope kenny see's this...he's been wanting to get back out..speaking of which saw four riders with out helmets tonight.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I can be talked into riding Sunday. Any pace works, it still means you are riding your bike.

JSantana

I haven't ridden my bike in two weeks.

Anyone up for a ride Saturday at Allaire?

What time works for everyone?

Piper1959

Yeah I believe I will try to get in a ride finally on Sunday it has been since Mid July so a slow pace would be in order. I am good for 10:30 or 11 AM

Happy to be back though put on some lbs. since I had to stop.

rlb

I'd be down for a guided beginner's pace ride prob around 11am but I'm not sure which day yet.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Looks like Sunday is good for me as i have house stuff to do on Sat...already meeting piper1959 between 10:30 and 11:00 if you get down that would be good this way you find most of the good stuff and don't get eaten by the allaire bear..

rlb

Seems like 6 mile is dry, so I'll be there tomorrow (closer to home) but I'll catch up with the Allaire crew one of these days

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Mort, Manny, and I are going to 6 mile tomorrow morning @ 10:00. Probably park at the rt27 lot (soccer field side). All welcome, pace determined by who shows up. Not that familiar with 6 mile, but I don't fear about getting too lost.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions