OOS MOGA

So took the Kona out for her first ride to test and tune and ride went pretty well. I learned 27.5 sucks in tech and is very twitchy and playful on DH. Prob going back to 29 soon though I had way too many bb and pedal strikes it was crazy. It is great on switch backs though, I was very surprised to see how different the bike is with a change of wheels. @Paul H you swapped wheels did it seem very diff to you I even jumped up 10 mm on the fork.

Speaking of the new fork it felt great on the rough stuff at speed I loved it. Well that is all for now hope to ride with y’all soon. @Fire Marshal Max are you able to get off @ noon on friday

Last edited:
So took the Kona out for her first ride to test and tune and ride went pretty well. I learned 27.5 sucks in tech and is very twitchy and playful on DH. Prob going back to 29 soon though I had way too many bb and pedal strikes it was crazy. It is great on switch backs though, I was very surprised to see how different the big is with a change of wheels. @Paul H you swapped wheels did it seem very diff to you I even jumped up 10 mm on the fork.

Speaking of the new fork it felt great on the rough stuff at speed I loved it. Well that is all for now hope to ride with y’all soon. @Fire Marshal Max are you able to get off @ noon on friday

to early for me and I've got no one else in on friday so I can't jet

So took the Kona out for her first ride to test and tune and ride went pretty well. I learned 27.5 sucks in tech and is very twitchy and playful on DH. Prob going back to 29 soon though I had way too many bb and pedal strikes it was crazy. It is great on switch backs though, I was very surprised to see how different the big is with a change of wheels. @Paul H you swapped wheels did it seem very diff to you I even jumped up 10 mm on the fork.

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/out-of-service-log.34889/page-203#post-871281

Wheels down 530 am Hartshorne ride tomorrow! Buttermilk lot
Hmm. I think I'm gonna join you after attempting a few morning rides myself. Do you like waiting at the top of climbs? If not, we can high five at the lot, chat it up for the first 50 feet or so and I'll waive goodbye as you pull away into the sunrise. Lol.

So took the Kona out for her first ride to test and tune and ride went pretty well. I learned 27.5 sucks in tech and is very twitchy and playful on DH. Prob going back to 29 soon though I had way too many bb and pedal strikes it was crazy. It is great on switch backs though, I was very surprised to see how different the bike is with a change of wheels. @Paul H you swapped wheels did it seem very diff to you I even jumped up 10 mm on the fork.

Ahhh I forgot to mention about the oval chain ring, it was very interesting definitely noticed it on long road and firewall climbs and liked it. It was a little herky jerky on the tech climbs overall I like it and will prob keep it. Also had no issue jumping up to a 32 and may even go 34 if it fits because that eagle gear is way too tall for me

Ahhh I forgot to mention about the oval chain ring, it was very interesting definitely noticed it on long road and firewall climbs and liked it. It was a little herky jerky on the tech climbs overall I like it and will prob keep it. Also had no issue jumping up to a 32 and may even go 34 if it fits because that eagle gear is way too tall for me
Ride Eagle at RV and then would like to see if you still think 50t is too tall.

Plus... you only did 8 miles. Granted it's WC... but still. See if you feel the same at the 15th mile. Not knocking on you.... but I just think that you are making a premature judgement.

50t is kinda like the bail out gear when your legs starts to fail. But I still use it at any time during the ride lol

Hmm. I think I'm gonna join you after attempting a few morning rides myself. Do you like waiting at the top of climbs? If not, we can high five at the lot, chat it up for the first 50 feet or so and I'll waive goodbye as you pull away into the sunrise. Lol.
I’ll let you lead... and I’ll force you to pedal! How’s that?

Plus... you only did 8 miles. Granted it's WC... but still. See if you feel the same at the 15th mile. Not knocking on you.... but I just think that you are making a premature judgement.

50t is kinda like the bail out gear when your legs starts to fail. But I still use it at any time during the ride lol
I was actually shocked how often I was in the top half of the cassette I think the smaller and much lighter wheels and tires made a big difference. Those downhill tires have been brutal to push

Wow, looks like the volunteer slots for Saturday are full. I guess I'll stay local and make a very private Fug launch...in my driveway!

Back
Top Bottom