Old Bridge, East Brunswick Off Road Winter Ride

fdr_us

Saturday, fat wheels down 8.00am, Kennedy Park parking by the the BMX track in Sayreville.

My friend Nelson and I will head out for 60 miles on the fat bike in the greater Old Bridge/East Brunswick area. Sayreville horse trails and waterworks, South River Frost Park, Jamesburg woods, Irish Brook trails, Davidson's Mill Pond ParkThe route will be 95% off road, going on fire roads, gravel, single track, rock gardens and a little bit of road to connect sections.

We'll probably stop got lunch at some point. There are several options to cut the ride short on the road if you don't want to do the whole distance.

We're looking to have fun and a good workout as well. No problem regrouping here and there as needed. Option to include 6MR and/or 10MR if wanted to add miles.

Big tires (fat) recommended, because of rock gardens and plank bridges, gravel bike will mean walking some sections. Pace will be social but not slow. Let me know if you want in...

Parking: https://maps.app.goo.gl/TU9b4WDy3epwqeVT8

Route (roughly):

It is! I've been exploring it the last couple of seasons, with the purpose of getting the opportunity to ride off road without traveling first. There's even more stuff than, we were able to do in the +6 hour ride from last Saturday.

I’ve done Frost, Ireland Brook, Jamesburg (I call it Helmetta park) , the area behind crystal springs and of course Davidson mills park. Looks like you misses Tamarack and the power line gravel way down to Milltown (not really legal..but), there a bit just off of the power line area that dips into North Brunswick Twp park. ( near the big waterfall). What’s the area in the beginning of the ride like?

Back
Top Bottom