OFFICIAL: 2021 Fantasy Football Thread - WE TALMBOUT PLAYOFFS OVER HERE BRO

I was thinking today how many times has a team beaten another team three times in a year? Seemed to me that it couldn't be that many..... off the top of my head I could only think of the Giants doing it to the Redskins in 86 and again to the Eagles in 2000..... Turns out it has happened quite a bit since 1970... 20 times with the three peat happening 13 of the 20..., so way more than I expected and I guess it's not as hard as I thought to beat a team three times in a year

Always reminds me of what Parcells used to say over and over... Have to play both sides.... Two amazing offenses and two worn out defenses...

Although Jesus christ... Even I thought 13 seconds would have been enough to ice it

Two bad one of these guys had to lose, that was awesome.... Feel bad for Josh Allen /Bills... sucks when it comes down to that stupid coin flip

Two amazing offenses and two worn out defenses...

Well, they were the top ranked Defenses in the league weren’t they? They just wore out as they have game went on.

Well, they were the top ranked Defenses in the league weren’t they? They just wore out as they have game went on.
they were #1...but ya...at some point all of these pass rushers get worn out.

You know what else didnt occur to me at the time...but what was different about this game also....both teams had all of their timeouts left under 2 minutes. For someone known for BAD clock management...having those time outs for that 10 second final drive was critical for Reid.....I mean I know it sounds insane...But in a game like that...you KNOW by the 2 min mark, whoever has the ball last is going to walk it off...So would it be too crazy to have Tyrek Hill run out of bounds at the 2 yard line with ~1 min left....However, since the bills still had all of their timeouts, i dont think it would have mattered much.

Did all 4 games decide a winner on the last play?
decent weekend! even if i did miss Brady and Rodgers getting dispatched.

I will additionally praise stafford in that he was about to be the GOAT OF GOATS if he lost that game....between the 3 and outs, fumbles, etc....Like that had to be on his mind...if they lost that game, he would going to be shredded by the media.....And when the game turns to shit (think 28-3 Falcons superbowl) ONE play....just make one goddam play and you can salvage the game.....Matt Ryan completely shit the bed in this situation....So with all that pressure, Stafford still figured out that last drive after the fumble on first down. I was impressed. Really doesnt matter what happens during the game (Eli Manning 101) just figure out how to win it on the last drive and you are forgiven.

So since I was skiing for a good part of the rams game yesterday, I decided to re-watch on the trainer tonight... Few things that occurred to me

Stafford played great and with the exception of perhaps that botched snap fumble, the melt down wasn't his fault.... But McVey better wake up for next week's game

Brady played really well in this game if I'm honest... He was getting hit on pretty much every drop back... So many times I looked at the clock /score and thought... How the hell are they going to get this game tied? Every pass was contested.... He made some great plays. Rodgers will never ever be able to shine Bradys shoes when it comes to big games

The rams had so many short fields I lost count... And Jesus christ, twice pinion sent the kick off out of Bounds? Wtf

I kept hearing on the radio today about obj... Amazing, blah blah... He had 1 catch of any significance to the game, got them to around the 4 to go up 27-3.

Back
Top Bottom