North Jersey Dirt Epics

are they? i always thought they were different

the-more-you-know-o.gif

dont mind me, im one of them cityfolk

The stars might be aligning for me to have all day Saturday to ride. Anybody free for the day and want to do some type of dirt epic?

I'll be in Florida, but yeah, I can probably squeeze out an all-day epic.

On another note, since your company is imploding are you interested in a Friday skip school & get high (ie, skip work and ride bikes) ki da day? I really could use one.

I'll be in Florida, but yeah, I can probably squeeze out an all-day epic.

On another note, since your company is imploding are you interested in a Friday skip school & get high (ie, skip work and ride bikes) ki da day? I really could use one.

Yeah probably. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I don't mean this Friday, just *some* Friday. This Friday is Good Friday, don't you have off?

We only get real holidays off unfortunately. But I do have an obscene amount of vacation/personal time, and I can't take it with me. Hit me up anytime for a play hooky and smoke weed day.

We only get real holidays off unfortunately. But I do have an obscene amount of vacation/personal time, and I can't take it with me. Hit me up anytime for a play hooky and smoke weed day.

I'm thinking April 15th, but don't tell anyone on the team because they will be mad if we don't spend the whole day at Mooch raking the course.

Or we can get high and build a ring of fire at the S/F and ride through it 25,000 times.

So I'm planning to head up to Stokes tomorrow. I've never ridden there and have no idea where I'm going. I've got maps and some GPX files I stole off some random people's Strava rides. Depending on how my legs feel and how lost I get, I might be there all day. I do this for your entertainment and the betterment of mankind. Wish me luck!

If you try to connect w/ HP just Parker Trail out and back or take road to Rock Oak. Although Howell and the Lusscroft system look viable they can really bring the suck if your not prepared. If you do end up over there go see the hunting lodge it's something to see(American Chestnut baby!) This is the first time in maybe a year that I wished I was riding. I have a feeling that your Strava from today will end the cycling career of many who will try to follow....

So I'm planning to head up to Stokes tomorrow. I've never ridden there and have no idea where I'm going. I've got maps and some GPX files I stole off some random people's Strava rides. Depending on how my legs feel and how lost I get, I might be there all day. I do this for your entertainment and the betterment of mankind. Wish me luck!
Hey jim, Send me your contact info. I can do a bit of riding with you in the future. I know everything from stokes over ramapo. I ride all over it

Hey jim, Send me your contact info. I can do a bit of riding with you in the future. I know everything from stokes over ramapo. I ride all over it

Sounds good. You gave me, @soundz, and @cuda a tour of that ridge trail over the summer, so I've seen you ride over all of it :)

I'm not as good as you and am much slower, but hit me up for a tour anytime. I'll pm you my cell.

If you try to connect w/ HP just Parker Trail out and back or take road to Rock Oak. Although Howell and the Lusscroft system look viable they can really bring the suck if your not prepared. If you do end up over there go see the hunting lodge it's something to see(American Chestnut baby!)

Thanks for the tips Brett, eventhough I think I ignored all of them :p

This is the first time in maybe a year that I wished I was riding.

No day like the present, borrow a fat bike from the shop and come adventuring with me!

https://www.strava.com/activities/527569651

I had a pretty awesome day out there, following a random Strava file from Stokes to High Point and back. I'm not sure of all the trails I rode as I was just following a line on my Garmin, so I'll have to spend some time looking at the ride to figure it out. I'll analyze my ride when I have time and post up my thoughts, but this ride was awesome! Time for some Heady Topper though.

I'm pretty sure that's a way lil too much of the AT. I'd dump that file so no one else follows. BIG no no. If you went to Jumboland after this I'm gonna be beyond bummed. Great ride, but there's so much more.............

I'm pretty sure that's a way lil too much of the AT. I'd dump that file so no one else follows. BIG no no. If you went to Jumboland after this I'm gonna be beyond bummed. Great ride, but there's so much more.............

I had to google Jumboland. I'll make sure to go there next time. I walked my bike down that section of the AT? I'm sure there's a lot more and would love to see. Find a bike and show me!

I told the shop to feel free to sell my fat caad's when they come in, cause hell, they'll pay the rent. The C-Dale POs read Brett 1, Brett 2, Brett 3, it's hilarious. I guess other bikes can pay the bills now and I should claim my steed:D

Back
Top Bottom