No Love for Shark River Park?

Road here yesterday after 2 years away, it has some damp spots. I spent most of my time looking to see if there were other trails I didn't know about around. I found a few that started out but quickly ended. A few spots that looked like they used to be trails, but have since been blocked off. I did a little over 4 miles maybe a little over half on true single track, and that is not that technical at all. There are bridges and the park seems to be well maintained, it is just not a great park for mountain biking. I looked on Trailforks, they don't even have this park listed. I looked on Strava, some people are riding it, but I don't think this place is a destination at all. Too bad, it seems like there is enough room to make this a fun little area.

PXL_20210330_185606155.jpg

Dingo

I hiked there last year, did the whole loop in about an hour. Nice place but too small for me to make it a bike destnation

If I am going to load up and go somewhere, I will just go to Allaire like I normally do. Shark River Park is just so close to me and I was lamenting that fact that it doesn't seem to have lived up to it's potential for trails.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You could take the lead. If there are old trails that could be restored, park officials are more opened to the idea. Start small.

I didn’t tell you to just start opening them back up.

w_b

I lived down the street for 20ish years starting in the 90s and it IS a cut thru park. Cut thru on your way to Allaire.

Top Bottom