No bike signs

olegbabich

This morning I saw “No Bike” signs in front of the Crew Boat House. I was wondering does anyone know if something happened? Or are they just not being very neighborly? :hmmm:

Hmmm I'll have to ask Mick about this. I've never had an issue with the Crew house people. In fact many a times I've stopped and had pleasant conversations with them.

I talked with the park supervisor He didn't know anything about the sign
So yesterday I spoke with the Director of the rowing association
He put it up after a couple of yahoos rode there bikes in front of a novice crew while they had the boat at shoulder height. If your considerate about when
and how you ride on the apron in front of the boat house I don't think you will have a problem. As usual it only takes a couple of idiots to ruin things for the rest of us
If you see that the kids are moving the boats in or out of the water Ride around the back of the boathouse. You are mountain biking!

Mick

Last edited:
Well, lets see Since an 8's boat is worth about 20 grand I'm not surprised, Are you?

Well, lets see Since an 8's boat is worth about 20 grand I'm not surprised, Are you?

I think it's more to protect the kids from injury than the cost of the boat

A rigged out Resolute 8 is a little over 40K

3 years ago the crew my wife was rowing with dropped the boat as they were putting it in the water. It landed on the side of her knee crushing her tibial plateau and shearing part of it off. It took some hardware and several months to recover.

Again if the kids are moving boats please ride around the back of the building

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions