Night Riding - Where in CNJ?

EC_Rider

Just moved from northern morris county down to monmouth county. Went for my 1st ride at Allaire yesterday. Fun place although a lot different they the terrain I'm used to (Ringwood, Ramapo, Jungle, etc.).. With the days getting short on light I was hopeing the community could provide some insight on areas where night riding is legal and/or tolerated. Any thoughts on riding allaire or hubner/hartshorne at night? Thanks.

Any thoughts on riding allarie or hubner/hartshorne at night? Thanks.

Those parks are closed at sundown, which means you are not allowed to ride after dark. I have heard rumors of guys putting lights on their bikes and riding Allaire after hours.

neshaminy, pa.
Boom.

oh, you are in south jersey...never mind.

Only very, very, long afternoon rides in Allaire and H/H. Pay careful attention to parking if you use a car to get your bike to the trails.

F/C

Those parks are closed at sundown, which means you are not allowed to ride after dark. I have heard rumors of guys putting lights on their bikes and riding Allaire after hours.
Really Iggy?? I think Chris means Six Mile. Six Mile allows night riding I think. Allaire and Hartshorne are closed at sundown and the Rangers do check the lot after Dusk.

I think Chris means Six Mile. Six Mile allows night riding I think.
1c_5SC.gif

It isn't legal anywhere. Don't ask, don't tell, which is something the Fight Club people can't seem to figure out.

1c_5SC.gif

It isn't legal anywhere. Don't ask, don't tell, which is something the Fight Club people can't seem to figure out.
Ok then. I always thought 6 mile was legit because you can park in the regular lots. My bad then.... So OP, there is no where to night ride , Sorry..
Thanks Kevin @stb222

Most all the state parks operate under a closed at dusk, open at dawn timeframe, it's always best to check posted hours. Being there other than those times and you risk a tresspassing charge among other things, so if you feel it's worth the risk, be my guest. Just be aware, you also run the risk of ruining a potential opportunity for others. So if you do ride, be stealthy, don't park in their lots, and don't rub it in the man's nose. They may not fuck with you and let you be as long as you don't disrespect them.

Thanks for the info. This is pretty much what I thought. which sucks..

Just a FYI, in case you are up north, Ringwood is open till 8PM year round.

Most all the state parks operate under a closed at dusk, open at dawn timeframe, it's always best to check posted hours. Being there other than those times and you risk a tresspassing charge among other things, so if you feel it's worth the risk, be my guest. Just be aware, you also run the risk of ruining a potential opportunity for others. So if you do ride, be stealthy, don't park in their lots, and don't rub it in the man's nose. They may not fuck with you and let you be as long as you don't disrespect them.
Seriously?? In a public thread?? Someone lock and delete this whole thing please.....

Ive said this b4 but you guys are hardcore cuz i get creeped out at dawn. Which isnt a bad thing cuz I put more effort to go faster to get out of that part if the trail.

Back
Top Bottom