UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hello everybody,

I have been checking this site out for a week or so, I found it from google. Im pretty new to mtn biking. I am an avid motocrosser and ride as much as my schedule permits me. However, since the nearest riding spot I go to is more than an hour away, I can really on do it on the weekend. So I got the mtn bike for some fun after work during the week. I didn't plan on enjoying it as much as I do. I live about a mile or so from mahlon dickerson and I have been having a blast there. My bike is a pos, but im hoping to upgrade it soon.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm guessing he's a joe.

Btw, welcome. You know it's a good site when the fawking owners derail a welcome thread! :D

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hahahaha, I am a Ute, and now a spartan.

Actually I grew up in Roxbury. I moved to park city utah when I was 13. I moved back to NJ when I was 18. Since every 4th person in NJ is named Joe, (included about 6 of my friends) I just became known as "Utah" Which in my book is better than having them call me S**thead, hahahaha

Glancing Aft

My advice, is go back to Utah. You have real Pow and it isn't such a nuthouse like this place! :) Welcome to the site! :D

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My advice, is go back to Utah. You have real Pow and it isn't such a nuthouse like this place! :) Welcome to the site! :D

Your avatar is my all time favorite place to ski. Although that tram still scares the crap out of me, more so than anything on the mountain,hahahhahaha

I so miss the skiing. I learned to ski around here and VT, but living out there ruined me. To think when I was in HS in Park City we would get a seasons pass to the mountain for $99 a year and all the other mountains were $10 for students. (this was i the mid 90's to date myself)

liong71er

wow,..all of member in this site r awesome, skiing, mtbiking,motocross...:hmmm:while i'm my childhood i know 2 things.
1.biking.
2.climbing tree as many as possible( especialy coconut tree ):)

btw,..welcome amigo!ni hao,...

VanDbtRiver

although the riding may not be as good as utah, our alcohol isnt controlled by the LDS. btw whats up with having to show a membership card to eat at a "diner" in salt lake?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ya the drinking is weird out there. I moved back to nj when i was 18 so i never did alot of bar hopping out there. Last time i was there you needed a "sponsor". Meaning you walked into the bar and asked the nearest person if they would sponsor you and then you could drink. Made a WHOLE lot of sence to me :lol:

NJ Jess

Hello there

Just got back from Moab and SLC, It was grand! I must admit, while biking Moab, I was homesick for some logs and trees. Great skiing in Park City though.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from Moab and SLC, It was grand! I must admit, while biking Moab, I was homesick for some logs and trees. Great skiing in Park City though.

The best is when my friends from Utah would come and visit me in NJ. I would be like "you see this? this is an oak tree, and this is a rare creature know as a squirrel. And this is called grass, its just grows, you dont have to lay it out like carpet" :D

Funny how much more popular Utah has become, when I moved there in 1989 people thought my father has completely lost his mind as was joining a cult or something.

Top Bottom