New to the mtbnj

PaulAnthony

Hey all,
I am new to the mtbnj site! I have been using the boards for a while to check trail conditions (specifically 6mile) and decided it was time to sign up.

I live in Highland park and ride trails 2-3 days a week with my roommates. I ride everyday to work in new brunswick(Clydz) and Kim's is my preferred bike shop of choice.

I ride a 26" haro flightline(which I am trying to sell) and am always looking for people to ride with in the franklin/edison area. Feel free to pm me and I can add you to google circles to share pictures and routes or so we can ride.

Not knowing cost of those bikes maybe give your budget and you will get some real NJ advise of what would be good.

I am looking to spend between 1000-1500.
Also the Stumpjumper lists for like 2200 I can get it around 1500$ the Carve lists for 1650 I havent gone back to Kim's to price it out.

I am looking at these bikes knowing I am going to upgrade wheels and tires. People say go tubeless but I have never done that...

Last edited:
Well that is if your getting the stumpjumper as a full suspension bike .. Otherwise pick what best suits you :)

Get the one that looks the coolest to you, we all know it is very important to have a bike that LOOKS cool ;)

I ended up going with the 29er Stumpjumper comp hardtail due to it's weight and overall fit. As an added bonus, it's a pretty cool looking bike too.

Welcome to mtbnj!

Was a big clydz fan as well. not for dinner, was too exotic for me, but their cucumber gimlet was awesome, as well as it was a go-to place to pick up chicks :)

Thanks for the Clydz Love. If your ever in try to identify yourselves, my roommate (jarred, who also works there) and I are always looking for people to ride with.

PS Pictures of the new bike when I get home from work

Attached Is a picture of my new stumpjumper :)

Attachments

• IMG_20120730_175714.jpg
    IMG_20120730_175714.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 97
Nice ride, isn't it?

I love mine. It stays hooked up on climbs so much better than my old 26-er Epic, and is surprisingly nimble. Wired to my brain. I sometimes miss the rear suspension on downhills, but that's a small sacrifice compared to everything I like about going to a 29-er hardtail.

Back
Top Bottom