New laptop time.

dvaidya

Couple of months back we picked up Lenovo S540 for my daughter. It's light weight and the battery life is good plus the screen resolution. It was on sale when I bought it around 580 or so. The two main requirement was battery life to last school day (she was supposed to go back in person but still needed to bring laptop to school) and weight. The other laptops that we compared it to was Mac Pro with the new Mac chip. Other similar laptop were lot more expensive.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shit my desktop was built in 2013 and still works great with win 10..... granted i built a pretty high end system for that time
I finally just built up a new one about a month ago. Mine was from ~2010. Technology seems to have slowed down since then and there haven't been huge leaps in tech so it still worked great. Had to replace the video card and RAM maybe two years ago, and finally the mobo died about a month ago. Found I had a tiny leak in the upper radiator that must have slowly killed the former parts as well.

Laptops don't last as long as desktops in general because of heat. Everything is smaller and crammed into a base with bad airflow. The heatsinks get clogged with dust and most people don't clean them and use them on a blanket or pillow. Heat kills electronics.

Top Bottom