New here... saying' hello

WickedSistahEast

Tim... I'm super impressed with the wheels as a whole. I went for the full Industry 9 deal, buying a complete wheel set. This means I get their hoops, straight pull spokes and the hubs designed to work with those spokes... some people don't love the fact that the spokes are proprietary, but I like the fact that they designed the system to all work together. This video really sold me on them.

I don’t have the fun colors, but I have the full wheel set with hub. L-o-v-e it!!!
Oh, and welcome... even if I’m a little late to the party

CrankAddictRich

I don’t have the fun colors, but I have the full wheel set with hub. L-o-v-e it!!!
Oh, and welcome... even if I’m a little late to the party

Yea... I didn't go with a custom, crazy color set up either... You can probably tell by my road bikes, I generally stay pretty mellow in terms of color. The Fuse is my craziest color scheme.

CrankAddictRich

The hits just keep on coming.... scored this for a deal last week. 2017 Enduro Comp 29'er. This is my first full squish bike and I was in love with it at Hartshorne last weekend. I've already made some adjustments since this pis was taken.

original.jpg

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Please retake photo with crank arm and valve stems in the correct position, as well as the chain on the small cog.

C’mon man!!!! We expect more from you!

Kidding.
Not really. Please fix

Nice looking bike anyway. No go get it dirty.

pygmypony

The hits just keep on coming.... scored this for a deal last week. 2017 Enduro Comp 29'er. This is my first full squish bike and I was in love with it at Hartshorne last weekend. I've already made some adjustments since this pis was taken.

original.jpg
sweet looking ride! looking forward to hitting some trails with you on that!

CrankAddictRich

Please retake photo with crank arm and valve stems in the correct position, as well as the chain on the small cog.

C’mon man!!!! We expect more from you!

Kidding.
Not really. Please fix

Nice looking bike anyway. No go get it dirty.

hahaha.... I snapped that pic real quick as soon as I got it home. The excitement took over. I'll definitely snap some legit pics with the real camera once I get it dialed. I did get it dirty already. I grabbed some miles at hartshorne/huber last weekend and it did get dirty. Then I washed it.

CrankAddictRich

So... Sold my Enduro last spring and decided to pick up a Diverge and build up a gravel bike with some parts I had from other take-offs. It is a pretty basic build. I didn't weigh it, because I'm fairly certain it isn't that light, although it does feel lighter then I expected. Shimano Ultegra R8000 mechanical group set with a 105 crank and Stages power meter, 50-34. I'm running TRP Spyre SLC carbon mechanical brakes. I have two wheel sets... one is 700x38 and the other is 650x47. I actually like the 650's better and I haven't taken them off the bike since putting them on. The 700c wheel set will be saved for an eventual disc brake road bike.

2018 Specialized Diverge E5 limited edition Copper frame set.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Here are the 650's. A couple of shots with of the Diverge out on the road... err... trail?

original.jpg

original.jpg

CrankAddictRich

Updating... made some changes.

original.jpg

I swapped the Diverge to Maxxis Re-Fuse 650x50's. I was having issues with sealant leakage on the Byways and it always seemed like a crap shoot if they were going to stay sealed and hold air. The Maxxis tires are a little burlier but it doesn't seem like I've given up anything when it comes to speed on the paved stretches.

On the MTB front... I'm really loving the Fuse on the 29'ers. I've ridden it at Allaire, Six Mile, Hartshorne and Huber and I'm really enjoying how the bike feels. It dropped almost two pounds in weight and the 29'ers just want to roll so much better than the 6Fattie setup. I've also swapped to clipless pedals... finally and the transition has gone well.

original.jpg

Finally, myself and others, under the guidance and direction of @pygmypony have been working on some local trails, right on the border between Edison and South Plainfield. The trailhead is about 1.5 miles from my house. Two weeks ago, a bunch of us (maybe 10) including my son, spent 4 hours cleaning and prepping about 2.5 miles of trail. We started posting about it son Facebook and Strava with the hopes that others would start riding it and that is exactly what is happening. The trails have seen some traffic almost every day since and they are finally beginning to wear in. I am so stoked to have a place so close.

original.jpg

Top Bottom