New from McGuire AFB

IanATC

Hello everyone, I am new to MTB. I come from a road bike background having raced from when I was 14 through college, on a college team in Utah. I am in the Air Force and am newish to NJ. Just bought a new Giant XTC 29er 2 and so far I absolutely love it. I have ridden Clayton Park and Allaire State Park (a little). Just looking to get together with other MTBer's so I can find the really cool spots to ride.

ATC as in air traffic controller? Because, this board can get distracting and stuff

Yes, I am an air traffic controller in the air force. Are you from Utah? I lived in provo/orem for a few years and have family in southern Utah.

Yes, I am an air traffic controller in the air force. Are you from Utah? I lived in provo/orem for a few years and have family in southern Utah.

Not originally, but I spent 7 years living in Park City and moved back here for some reason I cant quite explain :)

Im also a huge airplane nerd, so if I do get to meet you one day, expect me to ask you a million stupid questions.

Some great riding in this state...ok maybe not whole enchilada great, but still pretty awesome. Check out the trail directory when you get time

Welcome Ian!

Lots of good places to ride within an hour of you.

This is a great place to start. Check out the trail directory for park info and maps.
If you want to join some group rides, check out meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/Central-NJ-Mountain-Biking/

See ya on the trails!

I just signed up! I will see you guys out there!

Not originally, but I spent 7 years living in Park City and moved back here for some reason I cant quite explain :)

Im also a huge airplane nerd, so if I do get to meet you one day, expect me to ask you a million stupid questions.

Some great riding in this state...ok maybe not whole enchilada great, but still pretty awesome. Check out the trail directory when you get time

I love park city. Especially the Pearl Izumi Outlet! We will have to meet up one of these days, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Welcome Ian!

Saw a C-5 (i think) fly over the house about 6 years ago. holy crap!
can you route one over Utah's house?

Hey man. I work at Lakehurst and normally try to ride Clayton or Allaire Mondays & Wednesdays after work. Mostly Clayton though because I meet some friends from Hamilton.

Keep your eye out for a white lifted jeep commander. You're more than welcome to join us.

Mondays i'm normally there 5:45ish and Wednesdays around 6:30.

Hey man. I work at Lakehurst and normally try to ride Clayton or Allaire Mondays & Wednesdays after work. Mostly Clayton though because I meet some friends from Hamilton.

Keep your eye out for a white lifted jeep commander. You're more than welcome to join us.

Mondays i'm normally there 5:45ish and Wednesdays around 6:30.

I will look out for you. My schedule constantly rotates (yay shift work...) but I will keep that in mind. What kind of pace do you guys usually keep?

I will look out for you. My schedule constantly rotates (yay shift work...) but I will keep that in mind. What kind of pace do you guys usually keep?

I'm not in very good shape anymore so im normally the slowest one and sucking wind... but the guys I ride with can go pretty fast.

So basically, we go at whatever pace works. No stress, you won't hold us up. And if im holding you up, you can follow my buddy who tries lapping me in a few spots at Clayton where its easy to add to the loop.

Last edited:
I'm not in very good shape anymore so im normally the slowest one and sucking wind... but the guys I ride with can go pretty fast.

So basically, we go at whatever pace works. No stress, you won't hold us up. And if im holding you up, you can follow my buddy who tries lapping me in a few spots at Clayton where its easy to add to the loop.

Actually, it looks like Monday night will work out for me if you guys are heading out there. I'll be there regardless

Is this in NJ? why dont i know this...

welcome

Here is the info on Clayton Park. I am not well versed on NJ trails but this one is pretty fun.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Actually, it looks like Monday night will work out for me if you guys are heading out there. I'll be there regardless

Sounds good. As long as weather cooperates (and my wife doesn't go into labor), i'll be there Monday.

Back
Top Bottom