Nassau Trail conditions

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Did a loop yesterday, trail GPs works about as well as the one on the road when the trails are close together. Although I didn't get lost I was confused as hell but just kept looping and made a ride out of it. Overall fun trail, didn't get to the other side like I wanted to but there will be more days.

TPI_Elky

Rode this morning around 8am. Just stayed on Springside from the little lot out the Foran and back. Trails were perfect. Saw a couple other riders including one that was having chain problems. Hope he got out and back to his car.

pkovo

Just an FYI for those not aware, you can ride to the flow trails/Pump track and Main Street in around 5-10 minutes easily on mostly trail.

Guessing lots of you know this route, but some may not, if interested read on

The route is not well marked....or marked at all really. Basically you just ride to the bottom of Nassau road where it meets Washington Ave. Cross Washington and there is a trail right there that you cant see well from the road (greenway trail). Follow trail which should have you crossing over the river before you get 100 yards or so in. After crossing the river make a right into the lawn before a spooky looking old abandoned house. Ride to the back of the lawn where the trail continues going uphill for about another 100 yards or so and meets the Columbia trail. Go left on the Columbia trail and follow to the end where it crosses main street and hits the trail head parking lot.

To get to the pump track/flow trails go through the 1st and 2nd parking lots, then around the fence on the right, past the dog park. You should see piles of mulch/dirt/lawn debris on the left, and just when you are wondering what the hell is this.....you'll see the pump track on the right with the flow trails right behind them.

I live in town and ride this constantly to get back and forth to the trails. Below is a recent Strava map where I tried, somewhat pathetically, to label the route.

1621450459057.png

ilnadi

The route is not well marked....or marked at all really. Basically you just ride to the bottom of Nassau road where it meets Washington Ave. Cross Washington and there is a trail right there that you cant see well from the road (greenway trail). Follow trail which should have you crossing over the river before you get 100 yards or so in. After crossing the river make a right into the lawn before a spooky looking old abandoned house. Ride to the back of the lawn where the trail continues going uphill for about another 100 yards or so and meets the Columbia trail. Go left on the Columbia trail and follow to the end where it crosses main street and hits the trail head parking lot.
The bridge is open again?

jackx

The trails flow naturally better in certain order
Good to know. I had a brief ride Friday evening and my conclusion was that about 75% of the trails I rode would probably have been better in the opposite direction.

My other take away was that the Nassau trails reminded me of Six Mile Run, although I rarely ride there either.

pkovo

Trails were in good shape last night. Not wet but the recent rain left the dirt nice and grippy.

A few trails down on the original side. Cleared one on "The Bench" but there's one on "Chips Trail" I couldn't get cleared.

Cafe Dave

@pkovo - Thanks! Didn't realize it was you who cleared "The Bench" till now 😊 I rode yesterday and today and noticed the tree was cleared, but couldn't recall where the other trees were... Did Chips have a pair of trees down? (photo) Still learning my way around Nassau.

Attachments

• 20210601_131549.jpg
    20210601_131549.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 6-2-2021 7-59-11 PM.jpg
    6-2-2021 7-59-11 PM.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 75

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions