Nassau Trail conditions

phillychris498

The new trail to Foran Field seems open now. Hopefully that is intentional?

Some cool features, but I vote for these beer keg doubles as the coolest!

View attachment 131133
I was staring this feature down with someone else tonight. We couldn’t figure out which way would be best to hit it.

the trail to Foran field is awesome. Instant classic downhill, nice and wide with some good hits.

phillychris498

My favorite new trail feature, however, are the flamingos blocking popular trail cut throughs and Strava lines.
877FBEB0-CCB3-4B4A-ACB6-33A7F09D6BE2.jpeg
72B8B043-239B-4E8A-B279-B612F630681F.jpeg

phillychris498

these were installed because this was a rogue unnecessary cut through.
I love it! I can’t think of a more effective way to prevent cut throughs. They’re at almost every rogue cut through in the park. There is one on the springside switchback connector trail that I’ve thrown some smaller logs onto but to no avail. No flamingos have inhabited that spot yet.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I love it! I can’t think of a more effective way to prevent cut throughs. They’re at almost every rogue cut through in the park. There is one on the springside switchback connector trail that I’ve thrown some smaller logs onto but to no avail. No flamingos have inhabited that spot yet.

hikers are going to cut, then the bikes start. I've been contemplating a hikers "gate" at 6MR to let them through.
Not sure why a mtbr would want to cut, except if they were "spent"

phillychris498

Don't know if it's already been reported but there is a big tree down on Springside. It's in the big switchback section, by the fallen tree-skinny-dirt-jump feature.
That tree is huge. Hard to tell but it looks like it might’ve taken that feature on the switchback away for good?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s a good point... it would be a much bigger skinny.

Isn’t it then a fatty?

BTW we ride the flow trail both ways and it’s perfectly good in both directions. I’m too lazy to find it but I think Tim referenced it being the wrong way.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Isn’t it then a fatty?

BTW we ride the flow trail both ways and it’s perfectly good in both directions. I’m too lazy to find it but I think Tim referenced it being the wrong way.
No, I was talking about the actual one-way flow trails over by the pump track . I forget the names, but I came down the beginner and went to go up the dual path up the other side, but wasn't paying attention until @Robin yelled out to me.

For people that haven't been there, there are two downhill only trails in the middle and two up-down trails on either side of those.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions