My new project, any suggestions

damn, nice transformation...
I had one of those frames left in my garage when I moved into my house...

Excellent choice to claer coat the raw frame...What was used to clean up the frame and before clear coating did you prep the frame with any anti rust agent?
Thanks. I used paint striper from Home Depot, and scotch brite pads on an air powered grinder. Then used 120 sand paper to give it a brushed aluminum look. Pain stacking, but i think worth it in the end. The body shop used some special clear coat that is supposed to inhibit rust.(hopefully). 4 thick coats.

Looks cool, I have a set of wheels that you could have dirt cheep that would look cool on this or just to have with slicks on it as a second pair. The fronts are straight laced or laterally laced and the rear is laterally laced on the drive side and crossed on the other. They are in perfect shape, I can put up a photo if you want.

Also not sure if you are keeping it a single speed but I have a conversion kit you could have with the rims:)

26" Mavics 217

Attachments

• mavic1.jpg
    mavic1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 90
  • mavic 2.jpg
    mavic 2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 92
Then used 120 sand paper to give it a brushed aluminum look.

I was going to post up that it looks more alumonum than steel...After taking the paint off steel it usually is a gun metal color...This body shop is it a buddy of yours???

Thanks
Spencer

I was going to post up that it looks more alumonum than steel...After taking the paint off steel it usually is a gun metal color...This body shop is it a buddy of yours???

Thanks
Spencer

steel before sanding:
paint04.jpg

steel after sanding (just a little to get rust off):
paint06.jpg

Looks like an old Schwinn cruiser frame!

A couple years back I re-did my brother's '67 Typhoon...

Before
l_f9d980623652fb8a6b983ee22de7b53a.jpg

After
l_300488bfcc3b3badacf1ea650c38ab7f.jpg

Good luck with it!

I know the photos weren''t great but any need for the wheels I posted? I'm talkin cheap, I would rather see them get used.

awesome job with the typhoon! not sure what brand mine is but i suspect it's a huffy-type .. picked it up for $20 from craigs list

Back
Top Bottom