My axle came loose 50 times in one ride.

You didn't say what bike it was or any relevant info, but if it's a more recent Trek: "Trek has found that some Bontrager Switch Lever Thru Axles can loosen and begin to back out. This issue affects all 2019 through current disc bicycles with Bontrager Switch Lever Thru axles."

Prob because trek slash has chainstay and seatstay that pivot around the rear axle . Something is either binding on axle or it was just assembled dry . Grease the shit out of it and send it . If that doesn't work remove shock and see if everything moves easily.

It’s a through axle on a 2020 Trek slash. I would crank it as tight as I dared. ride a couple hundred yards and it would be loose again. I had to resort to zip typing the stock axle wrench in place to hold it.
You didn't say what bike it was or any relevant info, but if it's a more recent Trek: "Trek has found that some Bontrager Switch Lever Thru Axles can loosen and begin to back out. This issue affects all 2019 through current disc bicycles with Bontrager Switch Lever Thru axles."
looks like he did...good info though.

Lol I’m not new. I just don’t post much. I probably ride more than 90% of the people on this site. I will be starting ride # 153 for the year in two hours.
thanks again to everyone for trying to help me solve the riddle of such a unusual mechanical.
I know you're not new and I thought Stephen's might be your home park. I just thought complementary suggestions on where to ride were required for an official welcome.

Back
Top Bottom