Must ride this place

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This place is best described as a roller coaster! Lots of faaast single track, switch backs and perfect berms. I was very impressed with this park overall but the biggest problem in my book is how far away it is. Being from North Jersey, this place is a hike and a half.

Trails are very well marked, water fountains and bathrooms are available and parking lots are very easy to locate. Finding a spot in said parking lots is another story but we didn't have a problem as a spot opened up just as we pulled in.

Now as I look back, the map really is very accurate and easy to follow except for one location that put you back out on a road. When I get the map scanned in, I will post the route that we took.

The Grand Tour Trail and Rocky Point Trail are both awesome! Great technical climbs and tons of downed logs to climb and drop off. Nothing too crazy and you can pretty much maintain speed over all obstacles.

Being that the park isn’t that large, you WILL run into a ton of hikers and bikers so be prepared to stop and share the trail.

ArmyOfNone

First Time

I rode here for the first time yesterday. I loved it! The flow of the singletrack is awsome. There were some sections that I rode 2 or 3 times over just becuase they were so much fun. I love all the drops, logs and even the fun rooty climbs.

I rode my SS and was extremely surprised that I only had to get off once (spun out on a root). I left my buddy gasping for air and he was riding a FS rig. Made me feel good!

Cant wait to get out there again. I know i didnt cover everything thats out there.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Home away from home

I've ridden here more than just about every other place combined. It's a great place for fitness training, with several short, steep climbs that can be linked up to produce a solid interval workout. The challenge of the climbs is added to by water bars, steps, and loose, sandy terrain.

The trails are super-fast and lots of fun, but there aren't many really technical sections. Rocks are pretty much non-existent. The sandy, non-rocky terrain makes for excellent drainage, though, so the place is usually pretty ridable when others are still giant mudholes.

Great single speed park.

ArmyOfNone

ChrisG said:
I've ridden here more than just about every other place combined. It's a great place for fitness training, with several short, steep climbs that can be linked up to produce a solid interval workout. The challenge of the climbs is added to by water bars, steps, and loose, sandy terrain.

The trails are super-fast and lots of fun, but there aren't many really technical sections. Rocks are pretty much non-existent. The sandy, non-rocky terrain makes for excellent drainage, though, so the place is usually pretty ridable when others are still giant mudholes.

Great single speed park.

:D After seeing your awsomeness on two wheels, well thats really a lie because i was so far behind you that i didnt see you for too long. Im sure what you consider to be "ehh...that was a lil tough." would probally kill me. LOL

What you consider easy, is most likely just rite for me. :D

With that being said I would love to get out to hartshorne again with someone who can put together a solid loop. That place was a great time.

SpartaBard

Hartshorne:

Made it down there today for the first time in almost two years... I forgot how awesome the place is. A little washed out in places, but a very fun ride. :D

K

Krusty

Is this the best bike trail in NJ?

Just curious if anyone knows? I love this place.

Not So Fast

Nice but

This a great "little" park. I hear that it's sufferring from overuse. The best in New Jersey, no way, its just too small. There are many great places to ride. It'samtter of preference. An intermediate rider can probably cover it all AT Hartshorne in 2+ hours. However, its a fun place to ride with the berms.

J

Jake1021

Love hartshorne--I live a few miles away, so I'm there pretty often. I'll be there tomorrow morning--either 7ish or 11ish--depends on the rest of my group. Anyone else going to be around?

P

pdm362

Love hartshorne--I live a few miles away, so I'm there pretty often. I'll be there tomorrow morning--either 7ish or 11ish--depends on the rest of my group. Anyone else going to be around?

I am probably going to be there at 7ish also... Look for a cannondale rush,
silver/orange color

J

Jake1021

Sure thing. I'll be on a black/gray Trek 3900. Shout out if you see me!

J

Jake1021

Good ride today--Did all of the Cuesta, Grand Tour,and rocky point trails, plus some jumps off the fireroad back to the Locust Point entrance. Very good weather though!

S

Shar0se

Ryan H. & I were on these trails for the 2nd time yesterday- hte first time was a year and a half ago. They were great- the park seems to flow very well and the water logs were fun! The conditions were great, weather was chilly but nice and the views of the ocean are gorgeous. What a nice break from all the northern Jersey techy stuff. :)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
im meeting a friend there on friday 9:30 i work nights he is unemployed...i got blue mazda ands a black rocky mountain estx10...he rides a mongoose... will be ther at 9.30

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
im meeting a friend there on friday 9:30 i work nights he is unemployed...i got blue mazda ands a black rocky mountain estx10...he rides a mongoose... will be ther at 9.30

WOOT for blue Mazda's and mountain bikes! If I had a bike I'd meet ya there, I'm only fifteen minutes out, but no bike yet!

phathucker

look for me for me, ill be on the kmart kicker 1000..lol. I hit hartshore all the time but hard to recognize people by their bike. When are you guys riding next?thursday afternoon will be my next ride,

ok, i have a white devinci and white dodge intrepid

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions