Music

I never heard this before- really cool! The Band is my all time favorite?. I was onstage in 95 at the Electric Factory- Richie Havens opened for them. Danko was in a bad place- blowing lines behind stage prps and going back out to sing- still killed it. Also July 4th 1997 in NYC.

Little Fact...

Levon hated Robbie. I heard him with my own two ears say... “I wouldn’t piss in his asshole if his guts were on fire!” Thats verbatim,lol.

Folk fans.,...

Talking my buddy i just found out we lost John Prine!!!!! I was floored.?

Godspeed to a truly amazing singer/songwriter!

I never heard this before- really cool! The Band is my all time favorite?. I was onstage in 95 at the Electric Factory- Richie Havens opened for them. Danko was in a bad place- blowing lines behind stage prps and going back out to sing- still killed it. Also July 4th 1997 in NYC.

Little Fact...

Levon hated Robbie. I heard him with my own two ears say... “I wouldn’t piss in his asshole if his guts were on fire!” Thats verbatim,lol.
I met Robertson while on tour. So excited, I reached out my hand and said thanks for all the great music. He looked at me, my hand, and turned away without a word. I played with Levon at a Ramble. After my solo he cheered to the crowd for me, came directly over to me at end of song and almost broke my ribs with the hug he gave me.

Let’s get together for record stores.
Buy tickets for a special, limited-time digital screening of Vinyl Nation in partnership with Record Store Day on Sat. April 18 & Sun. April 19, 2020, and 100% of ticket proceeds go to your local record store. Click the button below to find a participating record store near you.

The documentary about the resurgence of vinyl records, the diversification of vinyl fans and what this all means for America was ready for its premiere this spring, but well, things have changed. So the filmmakers changed their plans! You can catch VINYL NATION from the comfort of your own home the weekend of April 18 and 19---the original Record Store Day weekend!-- and help out your local record store!

It was 2005 and my friend Pinball asked me to go work a music show with him in Connecticut. We were setting up Levon’s band at an outdoor show. Pinball worked with him a lot, security and setting up. So we picked up the truck in Woodstock with all the bands equipment and drove to the venue. Got there and set things up and then hung out with the band for free lunch and drinks. I wasn’t getting paid for this, I was just a tag-a-long. Got introduced to Levon and everyone and then I went off to see what else was going on. Then I spotted Wavy Gravy and went over to say high. Wavy was the MC at Woodstock 69. I knew an old friend of Wavy’s, Ram Das, they did work together for kids that were dying of cancer and other illnesses. So I chatted with Wavy for a while and said why don’t you come over and hang out with Levon and us. I went and checked if it was OK with Levon and sure, it was fine. We all had a great time yakking and drinking. Then we watched the show and afterwards, loaded everything back on the truck and brought it back to Woodstock. A long day for sure, but a lot of fun.
Wavy & Me
wavey9.jpg

Wavy04.jpg

Levon04.jpg

It was 2005 and my friend Pinball asked me to go work a music show with him in Connecticut. We were setting up Levon’s band at an outdoor show. Pinball worked with him a lot, security and setting up. So we picked up the truck in Woodstock with all the bands equipment and drove to the venue. Got there and set things up and then hung out with the band for free lunch and drinks. I wasn’t getting paid for this, I was just a tag-a-long. Got introduced to Levon and everyone and then I went off to see what else was going on. Then I spotted Wavy Gravy and went over to say high. Wavy was the MC at Woodstock 69. I knew an old friend of Wavy’s, Ram Das, they did work together for kids that were dying of cancer and other illnesses. So I chatted with Wavy for a while and said why don’t you come over and hang out with Levon and us. I went and checked if it was OK with Levon and sure, it was fine. We all had a great time yakking and drinking. Then we watched the show and afterwards, loaded everything back on the truck and brought it back to Woodstock. A long day for sure, but a lot of fun.
Wavy & Me
View attachment 125863

View attachment 125862

View attachment 125861
My Wavy encounter out in CA when playing Woodstock 20th anniversary w/Spencer Davis. Walked in and there he was right in front of me. Lucky shot.

Wavy G and me.jpg

awesome personal stories - maybe a time gone by?

@MMuller - you doing another online show this week? (or whatever the new term is?)

awesome personal stories - maybe a time gone by?

@MMuller - you doing another online show this week? (or whatever the new term is?)
Just did my solo acoustic silly thing over on my FB/marcmullermusic page. mixed it up with some Stone Temple Pilots, Whitney Houston, Neil, Femmes, etc. Next Saturday doing Dead stuff on my FB/deadonlive page. Thanks Patrick!

This is one of my favorite albums/artists. It comes from the perspective of sonic recording prowess. Few artists were able to capture the balance between rawness and greatness as well as Mark Linkous aka Sparklehorse. I hope you find solace in his somber, as I have. He was the master of beauty in sadness.

@jmanic you gotta dig on this band.

Tonight’s dinner platter:
50D68530-13B6-4029-AF69-95EAFD29195E.jpeg
Joni’s Court and Spark

I was reaching for Joe Cocker, but then I thought, “Mrs Manic would really enjoy this” (me too).
Many Corona-bonus points scored.

Tonight’s dinner platter:
View attachment 126175
Joni’s Court and Spark

I was reaching for Joe Cocker, but then I thought, “Mrs Manic would really enjoy this” (me too).
Many Corona-bonus points scored.
Some songs/bands are often refered to as timeless, to me, this is the opposite of that.

I was 8 yrs old when this album came out, and was aware of the world around me. Late 60s, early 70s music had a folk pop sound. It took hold, I can remember as a child going to folk mass(Church is school cafeteria) with my parents and George Harrison's My Sweet Lord was being played on acoustic guitar.

Carol King, JT, Harry Chapin...were what was on the radio. When I hear their music it takes me back, like looking at an old photo.

This is one of my favorite albums/artists. It comes from the perspective of sonic recording prowess. Few artists were able to capture the balance between rawness and greatness as well as Mark Linkous aka Sparklehorse. I hope you find solace in his somber, as I have. He was the master of beauty in sadness.
He's a particular favorite of Mrs. G, so I'm well familiar.

Have you seen the documentary on YouTube? I imagine you'd love it.

I've always loved the cello. It's so dynamic, bold, soft and a million emotions in between.

I love the fact that musician's like Yo-Yo Ma have been putting themselves on social media. I don't know him but to watch him play, I feel like I am knowing him.

Back
Top Bottom