MudChix Beginner ride May 18

allygadget

I had so much fun riding last time that I decided to do another ride! This time it is at 6 MILE RUN!! I am shooting for 10 am again but if there is a demand for a different time we can accommodate a time change. I know everyone has a life and things to do. :D

I LOVE this place. Its a ton of fun. Same as last time, fun slow paced ride with stops to try different trail features as requested. Women of any level but this is ride is focused on the riders that want to improve on their current riding. The more the merrier!

If you want to bring the guys they are welcome to come with you to the park but I prefer to split the guys and girls up so boys you can head out on your own if there is enough of you! :) Let me know if you plan on joining!

Remember for any new ladies you need a helmet and appropriate off road bicycle. I would recommend some elbow, knee, and shin guards but these aren't required they just make any falls a bit easier on the body.

Last edited:
trying very hard to talk my gf into trying one of these but she is resiting and idk how to change her mind, any ideas?

trying very hard to talk my gf into trying one of these but she is resiting and idk how to change her mind, any ideas?

Perhaps have her email Sheryl or vice versa? Sometimes girls don't want to hear it from their boyfriend...trust me on this one :D

Sharpshooter please have her email me :) i dont want her to not ride because she is nervous about riding with a group. If she doesnt want to ride because mtn biking isnt her thing then I respect that but if shes just nervous she has nothing to worry about! It is a fun no pressure ride and if at any point she wants to bail that is fine too. You or her and welcome to send me an email at any time and I can answer your questions and hopefully ease her mind.

My email is mudchix@gmail.com and she can always check out my site and see what I am about mudchix.com..

I hope she comes! :D

Ride again on Sunday?

I wish I could go, but daughter has LAX game. If anything changes, we will BOTH be there. We are free Sunday if you want to ride it again???? Park is beg friendly, yes? Even if we have to walk a few tech things, that's fine.

I wish I could go, but daughter has LAX game. If anything changes, we will BOTH be there. We are free Sunday if you want to ride it again???? Park is beg friendly, yes? Even if we have to walk a few tech things, that's fine.

with all the rain we've gotten, 6-mile is will be a mess this weekend...

with all the rain we've gotten, 6-mile is will be a mess this weekend...

The ride is next week not this weekend so if it dries up we should be good! :D

Drob, I will be racing at Jungle habitat on Sunday the 19th so I won't beable to join ya but lets set up a date and time for another ride! Six mile is pretty much beginner friendly. Much of it can be walked if need be and there are not any huge hills. The trail can become a bit narrow in spots and there a few large bridges but all of that can be walked or ridden slowly if the rider really is nervous.

Doh! guess I'm antsy to get through May!?

No, I can see how u thought I meant this Sunday from my message :). But My daughter and i are getting lessons with rei tomorrow at lewis morris (best mother's day EVER )so I do hope it doesnt get cancelled :cry:.

The ride is next week not this weekend so if it dries up we should be good! :D

Drob, I will be racing at Jungle habitat on Sunday the 19th so I won't beable to join ya but lets set up a date and time for another ride! Six mile is pretty much beginner friendly. Much of it can be walked if need be and there are not any huge hills. The trail can become a bit narrow in spots and there a few large bridges but all of that can be walked or ridden slowly if the rider really is nervous.

Ok. Have a great race. I will email you.

pretty sure i'm coming too... previous vermont trip has been postponed and i haven't been on any mountain bike rides yet this year so this would be a good start to the season. :)

Fantastic! It looks like we are going to have a great turn out and so far the weather looks like its going to cooperate! Robin you should join us if you'd like! Having other confident ladies around always helps!

Good Luck at French Creek Robin! :D

You will be missed Manny but there will be another ride next month and I am hoping to do two next month :).

Would anyone be opposed or unable to make the ride if I bumped the start time to 9 am? Let me know what you think

I'd like to join you girls one day. Weekends are hard for me to get away & travel, but maybe once baseball season ends for the kids, I can come.

Back
Top Bottom