MTBNJ sourcing ideas for quarantined children activities

Oh - also, start some veggies inside. radishes germinate quickly, and eat them a couple weeks in, before they bulb.
greens and all. totally different taste. also some of the other leafy stuff. they might actually eat the green stuff if they
grow it. Get your little tomatoes fired up too.
do not grow corn, eggplant, brussel sprouts - too much hassle. Cantelope or melon, you'll get a couple, but also a long-shot.
chives are fun, and get cool flowers.

My older daughter is having a tough time with this because she misses her friends and working. My younger one, on the other hand, is loving it. Schoolwork is done by noon everyday, we do some sort of outdoor activities daily, and her mood has been better. She hasnt worn anything more than a robe(aside from when we go outside) and i think shes transitioning into a nudist ?

Last edited:
My son (7) is harder than my daughter (5) especially in the crappy weather. He doesn’t play with toys really it’s either outside playing sports or running around. Inside it’s tv or nagging me or my wife he’s bored. My daughter can just play with her dolls by herself.
we have played a lot of board games, Life ,Kids monopoly UNO and puzzles which I was surprised they liked.

In these times its its so easy to park the little ones in front of a tv and let them zone out, I've been trying to avoid that and I'm sure I'm not alone.

So far we've done:
biking
yard work(digging holes/ playing with rocks)
run around
played with toys

Things I'm going to buy or do
Magnet fishing
Sandbox activities
maybe get a 3d printer have him draw toys and we'll print them?

I really have no good ideas.=

how about some chemistry experiments? I have several recipes for explosives, bombs and stink potions

As you well know, I do not have kids... But projects I've seen friends do with kids:

Sidewalk chalk art

Stained glass windows (tape off design on windows and let kids paint)

Cooking projects for the older ones

Zoom/FaceTime playing games with grandparents.

Back
Top Bottom