MTBNJ sourcing ideas for quarantined children activities

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
In these times its its so easy to park the little ones in front of a tv and let them zone out, I've been trying to avoid that and I'm sure I'm not alone.

So far we've done:
biking
yard work(digging holes/ playing with rocks)
run around
played with toys

Things I'm going to buy or do
Magnet fishing
Sandbox activities
maybe get a 3d printer have him draw toys and we'll print them?

I really have no good ideas.=

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have a roll of paper - the kind ya roll out and trace the kid.
free if anyone wants to pick it up off my porch.

1585494184681.png

Also good for big banners.

jklett

I have a roll of paper - the kind ya roll out and trace the kid.
free if anyone wants to pick it up off my porch.

View attachment 123448

Also good for big banners.
Wow, I haven't seen that stuff in a long time!

I got my hands on an old pantograph set and am trying to teach my kids how to use it. Not easy without the straight edge though.

jklett

Teach him how to sew. Seriously, it's a useful skill that a lot of people don't know anymore. My oldest took up knitting a while back and she's been making little stuffed rabbits and scarves and the like.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Depending on your kids age fort building is always a win. Set up the tent in the living room also works.

I just cleared the kitchen (biggest room in the house) out of all furniture and did a Tae Kwon Do session.

musical instruments are always a great way to pass the time.

pop some popcorn - family movie time always a win.

puzzles, board games, scrabble, teach them some basic chess and wipe them off the board for some solid life lessons.

If all else fails - Fortnite.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3d printer has a learning curve for you too, not just click and go (unless you buy a makerbot or similar higher end machine and use the filament from the mfg)

get him a puppy, then he has something to play with on his own :D

BPaze

This rain sucks so much more limited when it rains. They opened Knoll country club to walks looking forward to that once the rain stops. We ordered a bunch of letter and number tracing books and have done school lessons most days.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
In these times its its so easy to park the little ones in front of a tv and let them zone out, I've been trying to avoid that and I'm sure I'm not alone.

So far we've done:
biking
yard work(digging holes/ playing with rocks)
run around
played with toys

Things I'm going to buy or do
Magnet fishing
Sandbox activities
maybe get a 3d printer have him draw toys and we'll print them?

I really have no good ideas.=

Cocaine.

iman29

All kidding aside I feel for you folks that still have little ones below around the age of 11-12. And especially when the weather is bad like this weekend which now turns into every day. Mine 3 boys are all teenagers so aside from sleep, eat, video games, work (oldest works at a farm/retail), eat, eat, they are self sufficient.

I know when my kids were little they used to love stomping on the bubble wrap when it came in the mail, so we used to have a big roll of it around for a "reward" for getting something done or even for good cooperation/playtime etc... Im sure this is something you can still order on Amazon thats not being hoarded.

Playdough sessions used to keep them occupied for hours, we used to have a mega collection of colors and tools, but you can use many common household items to let them play too helps them think creatively. depending on age just make sure they dont eat the "PBJ sandwhich" tho that stuff is non toxic of course.

Homemade Gak/silly putty:

Ok thats all i got for now.

Top Bottom