MTBNJ Short Track Race #1

Great time to get sick... I thought I felt funny this morning :(. Hoping to make it out if I can sleep it off. Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Ride your bike sick, who cares, at the end of 40 minutes, whether you are first or last, it doesnt matter! Go have fun!

I unfortunately have to miss this. I thought my doggy daycamp owner would be taking care of my dog for half a day. Can't leave him home, it's like eating where I shit. Neighbors don't like him or me... Nor am I trying to have a noise complaint bc of my dog and being selfish, I'd rather a noise complaint from another source.....Race 3 I will most likely be there. Enjoy ladies and gents!!! Wish I was there! Good luck everyone!!

All of the prep, driving, waiting, planning and now this. Huge disappointment for me to be honest! Guess I'll hit the road for an hour or so

dont get too upset. You were far from the only No Show

any updates?!

Yes, nobody died...most importantly...although Kristine hit a tree and cut her lip, but of course she still still won :)

The course was absoulely awesome for maybe 3 laps in open, then starting rutting up. But much fun was had.

In open class

Nick lando 1st (he is underage, so I commandeered his adult beverage prize)
Utah 2nd
Ben williams 3rd

Dont rememeber the rest, but the results should be posted soon

Fat bike class
Jeff Lenosky won
woody 2nd and not sure the rest of the order right now

Big Sean won sport class!

Course will need some serious work for next week, but we have a plan in the works.

I along with most everyone else on the team shoveled enough snow to build 1000 snowmen in the past couple of day, so it was probably one of the most labor intensive races we have ever done. Big thanks to everyone on the team who helps and the others not on the team who also came out to turn laps and help pack the course.

Course will need some serious work for next week, but we have a plan in the works.

Another one next week? :confused: Does this mean I can have fun next week when I recover from this late-winter sickness!?

Sounds like a fun time though. I can imagine the work for a 1.5m course. Nice work guys!

Course is perfect, I'd leave it as-is.

I agree. During the race I was thinking about all the spots to fix for the next race but on second thought it was fun to deal with the new "features" that appeared as the race went on. This makes it less predictable.

I liked the hole that Jake dug out in the back, I'd turn that into a whoop section :D

Love the wheelie pic!

I liked the hole that Jake dug out in the back, I'd turn that into a whoop section :D

Features next time? Sweet!:D

That was a lot of fun. Highlights:
Rich from Marty's inverted in the snow under his Fatboy. I asked if he was wrenching or he just wound up that way?

Dude racked his "package" on the last gully section. As he rode by we asked if he was ok. He replied in a high falsetto "good!"

Right after him one of the ladies fought her way onto the road and spat out an angry "BITCH!"

Sport class: one guy was just ahead of the winner as they neared the line. The gallery shouted "let him pass you and it'll be finished!!" I think he did stop.:D

Oh-at one point Norm was shoveling and telling riders to move right. The guy on the cross bike appeared and Norm said "uh, yeah-you just do whatever you gotta do".

I finished pretty close behind Jim ( a lap down) but missed crossing the line with him. Next time!

Last edited:
I had fun chasing Jim today. The first two times I caught up with him, pretty much on the same spot and on consecutive laps, I fell before I could try to pass him. On the third consecutive lap I caught up with him on the same spot and focus on not going down. This time he went down so finally pass him but that didn't last long :)

Looking forward to round 2 :getsome:

It was a great day. Despite the temps in the teens and conditions that went south real fast, I thought there was a great vibe and atmosphere there today. You can tell people are sick of the off season and want to showoff all those miles they've been doing despite the terrible winter.

I sucked today, as I thought I might. My rear brake was gone when I took my bike off the rack, and I couldn't upshift (which meant I really shouldn't downshift either) but that didn't have much to do with my results. I guess I should start riding and drinking a little less beer.

These races are really great motivators!

Back
Top Bottom