MTBNJ Group Ride Series #2 - Mahlon Dickerson Reservation 5/26

I've never been - how beginner-friendly are the trails? I'm rolling Cat 3 in the H2H series and haven't died yet, but I'm still learning how to ride the more technical stuff.

I've never been - how beginner-friendly are the trails? I'm rolling Cat 3 in the H2H series and haven't died yet, but I'm still learning how to ride the more technical stuff.

We haven't put together a route yet but if you raced Jungle Habitat and didn't die then you should be fine.

would love to make this ride, as its my current stomping ground..but ill be away for the long weekend. have fun!

Route (Tentative):

I am thinking something along these lines -
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/3914639

However, we will start at Saffin's Pond instead of the Picnic Area.

Start - Saffins Pond
-head toward Campground
-Jefferson HS Overlook
-up Cascade Stream climb
-Pine Swamp Trail and down Ogden
-into Blue to White to Picnic Area
-down the Wall
-down Stone Gate
-back to Saffin

Route (Tentative):

I am thinking something along these lines -
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/3914639

However, we will start at Saffin's Pond instead of the Picnic Area.

Start - Saffins Pond
-head toward Campground
-Jefferson HS Overlook
-up Cascade Stream climb
-Pine Swamp Trail and down Ogden
-into Blue to White to Picnic Area
-down the Wall
-down Stone Gate
-back to Saffin

I think this is good Brad. Should be opportunities for people to add in or bypass some things with this loop.

I've never been.... which bike.... HT 1x11 or FS 1x10?

I tend to ride my FS there just because it's a tiny bit more fun to jump off the little stuff. But either will be fine.

There's some tech stuff but nothing like "commit or die". Also depends on the loop we do. But you'll be fine.
Edit: just saw the loop. If you've been to Jungle this will be a fun day with just enough rocks to play on.

In, btw, unless the wife decides something else is up. I was all bummed until I saw the date of this. Stoked.

Last edited:
I have two routes planned, if we have enough people that want to hit more technical sections we can split off and meet at several intersections. I'll keep the main route fun and tame.

Back
Top Bottom