MTBNJ Fundamental MTB Skills Clinic, June 21st

BiknBen

MTBNJ is hosting its first public skills clinic. June 21st at Lewis Morris Park in Morristown. Three hours of instruction with an optional ride to follow. It is intended for relative beginners but some experience would be beneficial.

Know someone who is driven to try or continue mountain biking but needs to learn some basic skills? How about someone who lacks confidence or is afraid they are going to injure themselves? This clinic is exactly what they need!!!

I've been a USA Cycling coach for years. I gained my IMBA certification nearly a year ago. Since then, I've been developing my teaching techniques, demonstrations, and drills. Working with my regular clients to help them improve their skills. Together with MTBNJ team members, we are taking this to the public.

Check out the BikeReg page for additional info. Have any questions? You can ask here or use the link on the registration page to send me an email. Consider attending yourself or tell your riding companions about this great opportunity. Improve your skills. Ride with confidence.

Good stuff. I've gone through this clinic myself and learned so much. Spread the word!

This is sooo worth it!! Sign up before it fills up (small group .. Bonus!)

You will absolutely learn something at this. Become a better rider, do the clinic!!

Is there an age requirement? Considering this for my son.

I do not have a specific age requirement. Mature teens with interest in learning are welcome. I'd recommend having a parent attend with them in order to help things to sink in.

Unfortunately, I found about about this event too late and have plans for that day. Do you plan on doing this again? Please, say yes!!!

Unfortunately, I found about about this event too late and have plans for that day. Do you plan on doing this again? Please, say yes!!!

With the great response so far... the answer is Yes. There will be more. Likely very soon as I have hopes to repeat this for different experience levels. Also progress to additional topics of instruction. Stay tuned.

With the great response so far... the answer is Yes. There will be more. Likely very soon as I have hopes to repeat this for different experience levels. Also progress to additional topics of instruction. Stay tuned.

Awesome, thanks!! FYI - I'm a beginner. :)

Where will you post it, on this forum? I wouldn't want to miss the update.

Thanks!!

Is there any chance at all you'd consider doing a second clinic (maybe a guided pre-ride with sessioning?) at Lewis Morris the first day? I couldn't reg without securing a ride so I missed it. Thank you SO much for offering this opportunity and opening up a second day!

Is there any chance at all you'd consider doing a second clinic (maybe a guided pre-ride with sessioning?) at Lewis Morris the first day? I couldn't reg without securing a ride so I missed it. Thank you SO much for offering this opportunity and opening up a second day!

The clinic schedule is going to take up the majority of my available time on the 21st.

I often do one-on-one and small group instruction. My schedule is very flexible. Feel free to reach out to me.

Any chance someone would be willing to pick me up at the Morristown train station at 8:30? Want to make sure I make it on time.

Or, you know, if you see a mountain biker high-tailing it down the road, stop and pick her up!

Any chance someone would be willing to pick me up at the Morristown train station at 8:30? Want to make sure I make it on time.

Or, you know, if you see a mountain biker high-tailing it down the road, stop and pick her up!

this!

A big thank you to Ben for putting on an outstanding clinic today. I had a great time and came away with quite a few to-do's for the ole practice list. I'd also like to thank Chris and Chris for keeping an eye on us. It was very helpful to get real time pointers out on the trail.....Especially when my line choices were less than ideal... ;)

Seriously, you simply can't beat the value to dollar ratio here!

Dan-

Back
Top Bottom