mtbnj DIABLO ride video

THATmanMANNY

Okay, I gave up trying to get it to vimeo or blip. Had trouble with its size and length.

Here it is, but I found out a little secret about youtube (but I'm sure you might know), MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY" under the ticker & volume. Makes a huge difference. Youtube ain't so bad after all :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMWwPdtn70

Excuse the length of video. It was just such an awesome ride with all the huge berms, jumps, hucks, & drops. I had to include most of everything we hit. ;)

I had a good time making my first fully edited movie. :D

Enjoy.
Manny

Blooper reel :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUxx5ao9k4M

don

Nice vid. Looks like you guys had a real fun time. I haven't been to Diablo in a couple years, it looks like they added some more stuff. Fun but not too burly up at the top. Is Halloween weekend the last weekend they are open?

don

that one drop off of that deck-looking thing looks pretty big - how tall is that?

I think it's just 7 ft or so. I hit it a couple years ago so it might have changed. It was actually really smooth just scary looking - landing was butter.

THATmanMANNY

...Is Halloween weekend the last weekend they are open?

The last weekend they are open is the first weekend of Nov.

I think I may go back on that weekend again... So bermalicious. :D

My fav is when you're really feeling it and clearing the doubles and then berm after berm.... ooooooowwwww aaaaahhhh

The Kalmyk

Manny, that is a sweet video. I bet it felt great after doing the big drop. I'm sure that won't be your last visit there.:)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
did you rent bikes? looks like full suspension XC bike can handle it. im not a hucker or dirt jump kinda rider but smooth DH is fun

ellbiddy

did you rent bikes? looks like full suspension XC bike can handle it. im not a hucker or dirt jump kinda rider but smooth DH is fun

I have a nice FS XC bike and I think it would have taken a beating there, a lot of the stuff looks deceptively small in that video even when we both ate it in that bloopers real that rock was like 3-4 foot drop in icky conditions...dent your frame...beat up your nice medium travel fork...no thanks ;) You should have seen some of the abuse I dished out to the rental bike. I was bending deraileurs and hangers back and forth like they were twist ties

phathucker

if you bought like an 05 888 fork and put some bigger dh tires and a shorter riser stem i think you could use it. you really need a big travel fork to suck up the small bumps. the small bumps can be hell there.

also keep in mind rebounds will need to be set to fast(not to be confused with compression). The first time i went there I had the rebound set to slow and it was like riding over speedbumps with a rigid fork.

Top Bottom