Mtb Vehicles

Picture next time you do it please. While I can easily fit one bike in, I feel a second bike would be rather cramped.

Or at the least, it'd be less easier than how quick I can pull it out now.
This is my 5010 (medium) and mr pink (55) My sons bike fits where the pink would go, no problem. Just have to be alittle careful that the rebound knob on the fork isn’t taking the pressure, as it can bend. I only have the fork mounts on one side...
image.jpg

Ride out of your garage?
No need for a vehicle! :p

I've been riding 3ish miles to my local trails and then back uphill. It gets me warmed up and the return ride is killer, but it is probably good physically and mentally. Now, even with a car, I really can't see myself having to load up the bike, drive, then unload to get riding. Of course I'll have to do that for some trails, but man does it suck.

I've been riding 3ish miles to my local trails and then back uphill.

i do almost the exact same thing - 3 miles to trails and a 3 mile uphill return. In between I can do 6 miles of trails, or as much as I want on canal paths. Beats driving, but doesn’t beat all riding destinations.

Reactions: mtn
why did the bench seat disappear? Seems a ploy to buy a larger car
not looking for a full-sized UV, discus
ISO of a 2012 Impala...
1580409335978.png

Once you go minivan, it's hard to go back. I have owned a bunch of pick-up trucks over the years - when I first got into mtn biking I had a Toyota pick-up with a cap. I've also had a bike stolen off a locked rack. The bike goes inside. Period. End of story, unless there is some really unique set of circumstances - like when I decide to do a biking tour of the country in my GT6 - then I'll have a roof rack. But for regular everyday use, I love my minivan. Currently a 2017 Grand Caravan GT. The only way I'd replace it is with an EV van that doesn't really exist yet. What's great about a minivan is the stealth - someone walking by doesn't give them a thought to what might be inside. Eventually, I want a full-size Transit to build into a camper with a bike garage, but it'll be awhile until that happens.

Once you go minivan, it's hard to go back. I have owned a bunch of pick-up trucks over the years - when I first got into mtn biking I had a Toyota pick-up with a cap. I've also had a bike stolen off a locked rack. The bike goes inside. Period. End of story, unless there is some really unique set of circumstances - like when I decide to do a biking tour of the country in my GT6 - then I'll have a roof rack. But for regular everyday use, I love my minivan. Currently a 2017 Grand Caravan GT. The only way I'd replace it is with an EV van that doesn't really exist yet. What's great about a minivan is the stealth - someone walking by doesn't give them a thought to what might be inside. Eventually, I want a full-size Transit to build into a camper with a bike garage, but it'll be awhile until that happens.
GT6 is a real Spitfire of a car. Pardon my bad pun. Working with limited material.

If you aren't afraid to wrench you can get a retired taxi transit connect for like 2k.

Back
Top Bottom