Mtb Vehicles

Riggedfmx

Im in the market for a new whip. My Scion xB finally took a turn for the worst! I commute daily to work and like to bring my bike along for after work rides. I don't want to leave my bike outside locked up all day. I'd rather leave it locked in my car. I was looking into a Kia Soul or Honda Fit. Does anyone have any experience with either or ?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
the fit is good, but i never used it to keep my bike inside the car. you can. with the large 29er i always had to take both wheels off in order to make it fit comfortably.

but im a honda fan boy so i may be biased

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a manual 2011 Soul. It's cool. I've locked my bike in the trunk a few times. All of my bikes fit with just the front wheel off, the MTB I have to move the passenger seat up a bit. I'm not biased. I just got it because I needed a DD and also had the same requirement as you. Fit will be more expensive, and if it's not it's probably super high mileage or broken. The Fit was also an option when I was in the market.

I don't know how @JimN does it, but he puts his bike in his Fit standing up and it's awesome.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
ya, pretty sure he's a medium frame. this helps. that large frame + seatpost/seat make it harder to do that

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
image.jpeg
Toyota or this, only two options ...

Riggedfmx

I tried putting my bike with the front wheel off in my friends Kia Soul. I had to put the seat up abit and lay it on its side. It was kind of a tight fit. After looking at some pictures of the Honda Fit, it looks like there's might be more height in the back. Is there enough length for it to fit without having to take off both wheels?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Im in the market for a new whip. My Scion xB finally took a turn for the worst! I commute daily to work and like to bring my bike along for after work rides. I don't want to leave my bike outside locked up all day. I'd rather leave it locked in my car. I was looking into a Kia Soul or Honda Fit. Does anyone have any experience with either or ?

Rav4 or crv

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
My commute is about to get forty min longer each way.... It's TOO far (and $$$$$) for my 11 year old F-150 to make everyday. I also would like the option of occasionally putting the bike inside (road salt is the devil) so I'm really interested in the thread. Anyone stuff a bike in a Mazda 3 hatch? How about a Honda Element? Jeep TJ/JK?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My commute is about to get forty min longer each way.... It's TOO far (and $$$$$) for my 11 year old F-150 to make everyday. I also would like the option of occasionally putting the bike inside (road salt is the devil) so I'm really interested in the thread. Anyone stuff a bike in a Mazda 3 hatch? How about a Honda Element? Jeep TJ/JK?
My bro has the 3 and I had to take off the front wheel on the roadie to fit.

Will also be in the market in about a year for the wife's car and will prolly look at the cpo hyundai santa fe, Nissan murano and maybe the Toyota highlander. Weird that it's going to be the wife's car and I'm concerned whether my bike will fit or not. Lol

Don't remember who it was but when that person was looking for a car, he took his muddy mtb and tried to stuff in the trunk to make sure it fits. Needless to say, salesperson wasnt too happy about doing that to a brand new car in the showroom floor.

Riggedfmx

Seems like a good element is either too $$ or has lots of miles. Im in the boat.,I travel about 40 mins each way. The commuter is what I'm looking for. I'm just seeing which is going to to be the best option.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know how @JimN does it, but he puts his bike in his Fit standing up and it's awesome.

When I'm willing to put pants on, I'll go take a pic. I basically have a 2x6 or a 2x8 that I cut to fit the floor of the cargo area right by the hatch, and I screwed a fork mount into that. I take off the front wheel of the bike, and it fits in with the rear wheel between the front seats, and the fork screws into the mount. This has worked with a medium and large 29er, although they both had dropper posts. I would put the post down, put the bike in, and hit the lever to put the seat up. It would go most of the way up and hit the ceiling, helping hold the bike in place.

The fatty barely fits, because the tires just barely wedge into the space between the seats. It doesn't have a dropper post, but it's a medium frame and the post apparently isn't too tall. My downhill bike doesn't fit, because it's way to tall in the front. I am a huge fan of this setup though. I like to have my bike with me all the time so I can squeeze in a ride whenever, and I just feel safer with it locked in the car.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
^ That pic shows it with the fatty mounted normally, with the downhill bike just thrown in as well.

Top Bottom