moving to nj

metaldork

I
2) I don't want to hold up people due to my lack of stamina

I would like to ride with some people nearby. Just don't expect meeting before 10 or bombing through Allamuchy.

the first 2 or 3 years of my riding career i rode almost exclusively with one other guy and occasionally with one or two others. then i started too feel like i was getting too comfortable and that's when i started going on message boards to hook up with other riders. the surest way to get good is to ride directly behind someone better than you and try to keep up or directly in front of someone better and try not to get run over. unless a ride is specifically billed as fast or expert, nobody's gonna mind waiting.

D

DANSPANK

I'll second that. I think the downhills are more enjoyable when you've got your breath back anyway so stopping and regrouping at the top of a climb isn't a biggie.

Minotaur

some of you know me already. more of you hopefully will get to know me. as of a few hours ago i'm officially a resident of your fine state.

oh yeah, is there anywhere good to ride in new jersey?

Welcome to our corrupt little blue state. :D Despite the Jersey Jokes, I love it here.

Check your county park system and state parks for places to ride. Not to mention the links here. I only know about Monmouth County, and we have a great park system.

Top Bottom