Mountain Man 2019 -----> 2020

merritt

I like that. Perhaps I could be a contributing author. I may join you and do a team with my Sister-in-Law for fun.
I can probably squeeze you in since my book is really just 1 page. Ok it's just 1 sentence! Don't judge my cover.

onetracker

I can probably squeeze you in since my book is really just 1 page. Ok it's just 1 sentence! Don't judge my cover.
As a contributing author, I am sure we can build some more prose. I will ponder this while traveling through Switzerland and Germany; there is plenty of inspiration. Maybe I will ask some of the cross WC racers I meet in Bern next Saturday.

MountainHead

Awesome Hoodie / T-shirt design 31st Mountain Man Logo png.png

onetracker

Workin’ on it. Waiting to hear if my partner can pull it off with my Nephew’s sports schedule. Stay tuned.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well... If anyone is showing up to race, good luck!!

But I ain't gonna be one of them today. Officially a DNS.

rosceaux

Hmmm.... Since I'm primarily a runner, I might do this. I haven't ridden the course before. Is it doable on my cross bike, or should I single speed it? If both of those are laughable, I could borrow my friend's 29'er. Thoughts?

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmm.... Since I'm primarily a runner, I might do this. I haven't ridden the course before. Is it doable on my cross bike, or should I single speed it? If both of those are laughable, I could borrow my friend's 29'er. Thoughts?
I think SS is fine if you want to go that route. Cross bike is not impossible but not my recommendation. (And I've ridden my cross bike in Lew Mo before)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think SS is fine if you want to go that route. Cross bike is not impossible but not my recommendation. (And I've ridden my cross bike in Lew Mo before)
Ridden both there on a regular basis. If racing I would 100% suggest the single speed mountain bike.

Very rooty, very easy to crash while racing on a cross bike.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

It is a very casual "race" - ie, you can ride your bike in transition.
Go, have fun!

Here is the bike course. Go with a proper mountain bike, SS or geared. The downhills will suck on cx at race speeds.

This one has the run segments - first 1.6 miles. There is 1 side-hill technical section that you need to get into early
or the masses (this was a 300 person event, it is now under 100) will slow you down.

Top Bottom