Mountain Man 2019 -----> 2020

rosceaux

Trying to get out of a dopey family obligation to do this. Regardless, might try to recon the course early on Sat morning. Like super early. Does LewMo gate off parking or park entrance? Thanks

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trying to get out of a dopey family obligation to do this. Regardless, might try to recon the course early on Sat morning. Like super early. Does LewMo gate off parking or park entrance? Thanks
There's two small lots on 24 where Patriot's Path goes through. You can just park there and ride into Lewis Morris, they're not technically part of Lewis Morris and neither have gates.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Screenshot_20201018-223257.png

Cassinonorth

Is this run more trail run? Aka can I roll the dice going my trail runners for all 3 legs and be OK. I rode my first half of this year in them, they're no Five 10's but they're fine on the bike.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this run more trail run? Aka can I roll the dice going my trail runners for all 3 legs and be OK. I rode my first half of this year in them, they're no Five 10's but they're fine on the bike.
Yes. Trail run. There's a little section where you pop out into the road, but most of it's trail.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

What @MissJR said. The start of the race is a jeep road sprint to get into the single track - maybe 250M ?
if you aren't in, there is a back-up, and it is go in as you arrived. if you go around someone, you'll get shunned.
a little side hill path with some roots - no passing - small steps, high knees. breaks out onto another jeep road with a easy climb
lots of roots. a little more single track, then more jeep road. a point climb to the park road, then more single track roots to the
initial jeep road-> transition. I think it is 1.7 miles. it goes fast if you are out front. it isn't hazardous as long as you are lifting your feet.
there are some high/low lines for passing, depending on where you are. I'd call it out, and see if the person will let you pass uncontested.

other than the initial sprint there won't be much traffic on foot.

this is a chill race - so don't get crazy. you will end up with lap traffic on the bike.

Top Bottom