Moon Shadows are Evil

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Yup rut season and bucks have only one thing in mind score as many doe as possible. I had a close call last month going at speed down hill, as soon as I saw doe in full sprint I hit the brakes and sure enough buck came right behind her. The bigger question is did your rapha survive without harm. Glad your ok.
Matty knows the important stuff...oddly my kit was untouched other than a micro hole in my sock right in the ankle bone. Not sure how ithe rest went unscathed.

rlb

Glad to hear it was a minor incident. I guess this means rapha is magical? Maybe the rapha actually deflected the full impact of the deer.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Glad to hear it was a minor incident. I guess this means rapha is magical? Maybe the rapha actually deflected the full impact of the deer.

The more I think about it, the less I think I actually hit the pavement. The abrasions I have other than the ones on my elbow / forearm, all could have been from the bike. Guess I will have to settle for the unknown.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kevin, I'm glad you're not dead.

Effing, goddamn deer! On the roads we ride, they are more of a hazard than cars. I have hit deer twice while riding and have some form of close call almost weekly. Never injured or broke my bike though. One of them kicked me as it ran and somehow I avoided crashing.

The worst is when It's a herd. They all follow the first one to run, usually right in to your path. Bunch of brainless lemmings.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i almost ran into a buck, two different ones last night. all i could think about was how bad that would have sucked

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i almost ran into a buck, two different ones last night. all i could think about was how bad that would have sucked

It is the suck, but we have taken away land and predators and in return, given gardens to feed on and protection from hunting in the form of private property and dense development so this is what you get.

So these are my legs last night, normally the left would look more or less like the right. Again, could be worse and might be worse if I wasn’t popping ibuprofen like Pearl after a race. Also, I was either naked or wearing hot pants in this picture, I will let you decide.
null_zps72ced548.jpg

Actually I only took two ibuprofen yesterday afternoon and two this morning. Hardly up to post-race Pearl status, but one can only hope to achieve so much. I am not too hot on taking drugs for pain, but I did notice a reduction in swelling, so I partook again this morning. Did I mention that freebasing the ibuprofen makes it work much better? Anyways a girl at my work told me I should take 3-5 and she may have a problem as her desk is just short of a certified pharmacy. I did not take her advice.

Riding wise I took this morning off. I rode my MTB around a bit last night to see how the leg felt. Mildly irritating and I could have ridden but figured I could use the rest anyways. The current training block I am doing said I could take off today or do some cross training. I figure I will eat and trick my body into thinking it is cross training. Eating in my office has been an issue as of late as a group of cubes near me seems to be having something of a weight gaining contest. This is the same group that I won a weight loss contest with a few years ago as it was based on % of weight lost instead of just most weight loss. Since most of them are much more over weight than me, I naturally had an advantage with the % lost. I think I lost 3 pounds and still won. Fat fuckers. So now they must have completely thrown in the towel as this week has been an array of candy, bake goods, muffins and 6’ subs and it isn’t even between Thanksgiving and New Year’s yet. I plan to just watch and maybe go out and get food to put over there when there isn’t any. I already donated my extra Halloween candy, roughly 100 “fun size” pieces, which was gone by the end of the day. I am fairly certain I could put a plate of dog crap out and someone would eat it.

Speaking of fun size, the damn fun size keeps getting smaller and smaller. At one point years ago, the fun size was almost 1/3 of the normal size candy bar and something like Twix may have been like ¾ of one stick. Now the fun size Twix is like ¼ of a normal one. This seems like a pretty damn un-fun size to me. The only fun in it is eating 8 of them to equal a normal size, that is if you think opening 8 tiny little package falls into the fun category. Fun or not, I got most of it out of my house so I don’t eat it all.

So hopefully back on the bike tomorrow pending thigh swelling status.

Robin

I rode in the rain for you today Kevin...and had a herd of deer cross in front of Lance and I. Since they were jerks to you, I gave them the middle finger.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for having my back. I forgot teachers have off today.

You have kids. Kid. How can you forget that? I hope the child isn't just getting out of bed wondering where everyone is.

Pearl is not satisfied with that tattoo answer.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kevin, u seem to be a creature of habit. do u ever get bored with the commute or local wknd rides?

I feel the need to switch things up a bit with regards to ride locations. Also riding with people, even if its on mundane trails, makes the ride so much more enjoyable.

If u had more free time would u switch it up?

kush

Glad you are ok. I'm 100% convinced I will get hit by a deer within the next 3-6 months. I should move.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
You have kids. Kid. How can you forget that? I hope the child isn't just getting out of bed wondering where everyone is.

Pearl is not satisfied with that tattoo answer.

I realize that sounded weird after i posted it. Kid was over at grandparents last night, so that my excuse.

What pearl want to know about the tattoo, it is there.

Kevin, u seem to be a creature of habit. do u ever get bored with the commute or local wknd rides?

I feel the need to switch things up a bit with regards to ride locations. Also riding with people, even if its on mundane trails, makes the ride so much more enjoyable.

If u had more free time would u switch it up?

At times I get bored and I have done many different routes over the past few months as I was stuck in a rut of riding the same 3 loops over and over. Either way, 25% of the roads are the same on most loops I do. Basically head towards princeton/hopewell or head towards lambertville.

If I had more time, I would probably just ride further. For the road bike, most of the time is doesnt make sense to me to drive to ride. I would ride the MTB more if I had more time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Glad you are ok. I'm 100% convinced I will get hit by a deer within the next 3-6 months. I should move.

I thought about you hitting the dog at La Ruta shortly after I hit that deer and then thought about you riding a race after that...helped get me home.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Doing same transportation of as much fun size to the fat fuckers at work. It works well in the blue collar district as well.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's

I'm even getting bored of seeing the same loops on Strava over and over. I bet I can draw the shapes of Kevin's usual routes by memory.

I think we should introduce mountain lions to the area to cull the deer population.

Top Bottom