Mooch Madness Short Track Race

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just in case you missed it:
https://www.bikereg.com/Net/20212

You should go register now. We have dialed back the reach of this and are just offering a straight-up Short Track race. This coincides with the Cranks weekend at the Allamuchy BSA.

Save the Whales. We beg you.

can you explain in vivid detail how this would make me a better cyclist?

how much fun can i expect to have? 0 being a POW, 10 being tickled by elmo impersonators.

is it like a cross race on mountain bikes?

isn't cyclocross starting up soon?

can you explain in vivid detail how this would make me a better cyclist?

how much fun can i expect to have? 0 being a POW, 10 being tickled by elmo impersonators.

is it like a cross race on mountain bikes?

isn't cyclocross starting up soon?

These are wonderful questions!

1. Racing always makes you faster, unless you fall into a hole and hurt your pectoral muscles or other sundry parts of your body. As it turns out, there are no holes at the BSA, or at least none that we will be racing in, near, or over. Racing pushes you more than you otherwise would by yourself and thus, you get faster.

2. Your fun meter will go to 11. For real.

3. This is exactly like a cross race on a mountain bike. In fact, it's a veritable push in terms of the who/what/where/when/why. I just put my cross bike next to my mountain bike, and I wasn't able to tell the difference. Granted, I closed my eyes. But still.

4. Yes, cross is starting soon. This is a great way to grease yourself into some cross shape without actually having to do a cross race. What better way to put everything together than to race this race.

Do reg now. Don't hate the whales.

I hate whales. And I do not mean that in a condescending way.

Short track is a great first race if you are thinking of testing the waters.

It's a great start to cross season.

or transition from mountain to cross.

or just a way to top your mountain race season and still have enough left to ride later.

Ladies ... only $10, and you may get beer!

I am thinking about trying my hand at bicycle racing , would i sign up in the silly class ?

Yes, yes you would. Bike racing is awesome. You should try it. But use both hands, you'll do better that way.

I am thinking about trying my hand at bicycle racing , would i sign up in the silly class ?

I knew it was just a matter of time before you caved in, you are to easy ...:popcorn: its tons of fun and the PAIN is much shorter than a regular race but just as intense. yes do silly sport.

I've heard that these races are a lot like NASCAR races, but instead of just turning left you in fact, turn both left and right. Is this statement true?

I think I'll do this, I'm off that weekend, seems like a good enough reason. Will reg later this week

I've heard that these races are a lot like NASCAR races, but instead of just turning left you in fact, turn both left and right. Is this statement true?

Nope just like NASCAR all left turns :getsome:

Walter brings up a good question. NASCAR.

The similarities are eerie, actually:

1. Both race cars and bikes have tires.
2. Both bikes and race cars go forward when energy is imparted on them
3. Beer!
4. Crashes are fun, especially if you're not involved
5. Both vehicles turn left
6. What else are you doing this weekend?
7. Seriously, the whole event will be done before noon
8. We're trying to raise a little money for the BSA with this event.
9. Free pie to anyone who shows up and gives me a pie that I can give them at the end of the day
10. Base 10 numbering system

With that in mind, go register today. Like now. I mean right now. Don't read this sentence. Go. Now. Really. For real.

Mitch hates whales.

if you do can u make a wacky photo documentary like the one that pops up on the banner above.

Back
Top Bottom