Middle Run

E

Ed V

I was thinking of taking a day trip later this month and this place was recommended by someone I met at Estell Manor. Is it worth an 80 mi. drive?

Yes, Go there!! Miles of smooth, rolling, fast singletrack. There's lots of skills stuff throughout to play on or you can just hammer.

It's a fun place for ALL skill levels.

Many simply refer to the place as White Clay.

-Eric

Last edited:
Middle run is part of the white clay creek/middle run trail system. Although they are connected, the parks have different feels. White clay is smoother and more flowy. Middle run has a darker, more denser feel to the forest, more roots and rocks (although calling it rocky or rooty would be like calling mercer hilly), and more steep climbs. If you link the two together you can do close to 30 miles without doubling over. http://www.kencox.net has the most current trail maps. It is definitely worth the 80 mile drive, I would go there if it was 180 miles away.

I just went to White Clay this summer, I think we hit all the popular spots in the park. It was a lot of fun. Lots of nice sections you can pump through and get some really nice speed. Like Eric said there are lots of technical trail features littered throughout and a nice loop with a bunch of technical features(skinnies, teeter-totters, etc). Definitely worth the drive!

I ride White Clay/Middle Run/ Judge Morris fairly often. These trail system, like said before all have a slighly different feel, and all are very fun trails. My only gripe about the place is that its not overly technical. if you're looking for gnarly single track, this is not it. You would be OK riding a cross bike here.

That said, the place is great. I ride a lot of technical trails, and this system is a welcome change from the norm. every single trail is flowy, every downhill is just rippin'. The thing about this place is that it's so fast, that its very easy to get in over your head. Carrying so much speed in a multi use trail system can be dangerous, so just be careful and keep it under control.

i drive about an hour to get there once every month or so, and I would drive farther if I needed to. Its a lot of fun and definitely worth the trip.

There is another system that is close to White Clay... Fair Hill. This is another system that is definitely worth the drive, but you'd benefit from riding with somebody that knows the trails. there's a lot of horse trails and double track here, so if you dont know the loops, its easy to end up on bad trails which would leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Thanks for the great info guys, I think I'm definitely going to check this place out. Are there any hotels or good places to eat nearby in case I want to stay overnight ?

These galleries have some of the features at WCC and Middle Run. Definately worth the drive. The single track is super flowy and fun too.

Side note - Do you ride Estell manor often? I live in Mays Landing now, and rode there from my house once. I was not entirely thrilled. :D

http://www.pbase.com/kseebeck/white_clay

http://www.pbase.com/kseebeck/wccjul08

Did you ride the singletrack trails off of Artesian Well Rd. or the trails in the main park ? They are quite different. I thought it was a fun ride but I'm still pretty new at this. I don't know of anything better in the area. I go to this park often with my kids but have only rode the singletrack twice.

My only gripe about the place is that its not overly technical. if you're looking for gnarly single track, this is not it.

I will agree and disagree with you on this. I will agree that White Clay isn't technical in a rocky/babyhead downhill course kind of way. But I disagree by saying that the level of technicality relies on how fast your going. All of the trails are beginner friendly but at speed they can become quite technical.

Ed V, it's definitely worth the trip. I promise that you won't be disappointed and that you will have a great time. The trails are in great shape right now and they do a great job of keeping leaves off the trails during the fall making this place fast as hell year round.

Middle Run, well worth the trip

Just got back from there.. Spent 2 days exploring all of the trails. Clay Creek, Middle Run and Judge Morris. If you park at Middle run there is no parking fees. .. I would say Middle Run is the most challenging , and if you go, try cork screw, it's not for beginners, gpstrailsource.com also gives you a nice map of Middle Run, the red trails in the middle is cork screw The trails are well taken care of. We drove 140 miles to it and it was worth it. re

I am planning on going to WCC and Mid run but i need a place to stay nearby... I was wondering if there was a camp ground near by.

Back
Top Bottom