Merry Christmas and Stuff

Time off?
No, school is out, so I'm officially on double overtime!

Resolutions... I will be smarter, lighter, faster and better looking next year than last year. How, you ask?

Smarter: I don't make resolutions and set myself up for failure and the inevitable wallowing in sorrow by March.

Lighter: A pound or two would be great, fifty would be better. I'll just continue all the good things, take what I can get and be happy.

Faster: It's guaranteed.

Better looking: That's right, better looking. Yeah, it's happening already. So, maybe my eyes are starting to fail with my advancing age, but I'm not worried. Why should I be? I'm better looking.

Okay, maybe I should resolve to NOT get glasses this year.;)

I'm just going to do all the things in 09 that I wanted to do in 08, minus the shoulder surgery and 9 months of getting fat.

1. Not really taking time off...not really working either. I work from home all the time so when it is mega slow, like now, it is almost like not working. I'll be hanging with the family and working on the master bathroom. I'll ride if this slop-fest ends.

2. Not a resolution kind of guy. 'Just hoping I can keep milking my gig w/my company and getting to about 175 lbs by May 3...my planned return to mtb racing after nearly a 16 year mtb racing hiatus.

3. I don't even care enough to say it :D

i want to be the biggest rapper that ever lived.

Like size-wise or popularity-wise? Guys like Fat Joe, Big Pun, and "Biggie" are all pretty big. You may have to stop riding bikes, strap yourself to the couch, and eat a lifetime supply of quarter-pounders just to get in the same league. On the other hand, you'd need to sell like a bajillion records to get nearly as popular as 'Lil Wayne. You'd be much better off if you just keep trying to build off-road fixies out of bamboo:D

-Jim.

Time off: The same thing I always do! Enjoy every day as much as possible. I have a great appreciation for time spent above the pavement.

Resolution: I don't do them. I have short and long term goals, both work and personal. Work: Once I find out where I will be stationed next year do everything in my power to make it awesome. Personal: Continue to ride, work out and have a positive attitude more often than not. Find a great place for the fam to live once I know where I am going.

What else: I spew more crap than I ever should. Nothing goes unsaid, to a fault, so nothing to see here :D

Time off?

Resolutions... I will be smarter, lighter, faster and better looking next year than last year. How, you ask?

Smarter: I don't make resolutions and set myself up for failure and the inevitable wallowing in sorrow by March.

Lighter: A pound or two would be great, fifty would be better. I'll just continue all the good things, take what I can get and be happy.

Faster: It's guaranteed.

Better looking: That's right, better looking. Yeah, it's happening already. So, maybe my eyes are starting to fail with my advancing age, but I'm not worried. Why should I be? I'm better looking.

Okay, maybe I should resolve to NOT get glasses this year.;)

You Go Girl!

RC ... :)

A bad plan is better than no plan at all

Time off? I've been on unemployment for 3 months, it's getting scary. I should be back to work shortly after the new year. I am taking 3 weeks off the bike to heal up (collarbone and knee). Tommy and I just got engaged on the 21st of December so thats a wonderful way to end and start a new year with him, it's exciting!
2009 is all about training and racing and staying healthy. I'm on a new team, set goals, stick to my training plan which starts in about a week. Enjoy life, have fun, ride and stay healthy. Sounds like a plan.

RC ... :)

-stop using organic hippy deodorant

haha!! if you want aluminum free, mix equal parts baking soda and corn starch, add scents (essential oils) if you want, but that might be more of a girl thing. stick that stuff under you arms and taa-daahh! it really works! that's what i use, and i haven't offended anyone on a ride yet, have i? umm... don't answer that.

Time off: Winging it. I am not very good at making plans, so I will just ride and hike as much as I can, lay around and do some of nothing, maybe hit Campmor, pet my dog, and try to not eat any food for 3 months.

Resolution: I typically have about a thousand, mostly not related to biking this time around. Next year is a year to change some things in my life and get out of some ruts, so call me lame, but I want to develop my intuition so it can help me with everything else. I guess it's a year of soul searching :) Biking comes into play as a sanity break, to get me into the woods, and to meet some cool folks. Oh - and with losing weight. I feel disgusting...ate waaaay tooooo much lately! :puke:

Stuff no one cares about: I think I share enough of that stuff on a regular basis. See all my other posts. :)

Time off?

Exactly! How to keep everyone entertained and happy until Jan 5th? I'll be acting as referee all week keeping my 3 boys from beating on each other. Kids home means my exercise time is very limited too.

Resolutions
1. Lose 12 pounds by May, which could be done relatively easy if I would stop drinking so much. How many calories in a bottle of wine :eek:
2. Follow my training plan throughout the entire year.
3. NO INJURIES OR BROKEN BONES!!!!!

haha!! if you want aluminum free, mix equal parts baking soda and corn starch, add scents (essential oils) if you want, but that might be more of a girl thing. stick that stuff under you arms and taa-daahh! it really works! that's what i use, and i haven't offended anyone on a ride yet, have i? umm... don't answer that.

Amazing, the same mixture fried is a Latke.:)

Took off yesterday, and next Friday, so I've got two 4 day weekends in a row. I've been relaxing, didn't have any real goals aside from trying to get at least 1 ride in (thanks, weather).

2009, I plan to work a decent amt of OT and save up the $$. Hope to have a down payment on a house for late 09. I'd also like to ride more trails, get to some TM days, and pick up a road bike for times like these. I'll be watching the garage sales in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom