MB, Google Earth, Custom Maps & GPS Data

Shaggz

A strong 7
Please post your GPS data, etc. in here, along with a brief description of the route (mileage, pace, skill level, etc). Posts that do not stay on topic will be deleted at the discretion of the Mods :getsome:

SpartaBard

GE data for Jungle Habitat

Here is my first run at digitizing the trails at JH:

The red lines represent paved trails/roads.
The blue lines represent single track.

There may be some errors with the paved roads, and some may be missing. Please let me know of any errors.

Attachments

• Jungle Habitat.kmz
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,149
Last edited:

jdispensa73

JH Single Track

Was at JH yesterday. Let me know if this post works. This is part or most of the race course.

Attachments

• JH Loop.kmz
    11.1 KB · Views: 657

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Here's a map of Jungle Habitat's completed trails as of June 2008.

OK I lied, the dumptruck hill loop at the far north (left) is only flagged out but its approved and should be done in a couple of weeks. But Shute, Warthog and Dumptruck connector are cut in and riding fine.

Couple of other anomolies: ignore the location of Mtn Circle. The Delorme Road layer is wrong, it should he a bit to the right, and no, Warthof not running riding thru private property or backyards. Delorme is going to make me re-explain that repeatedly, I can see it now :). The author of the map is a dimwit, he/she left off lower shute which is the trail to the left at the entrance by the kiosk. it'll take you down towards Industrial Ave and dump you onto Safari 1 and the bottom of the Dumptruck climb.

More trails will be added as we cut them... I just wanted to get something basic out there so you guys are not fumbling around looking for the goodies. :)

Shaggz

A strong 7
Jeff, just saw this map for the first time today :eek:. Great stuff, thanks for posting it up!

mattyfury

Can anyone tell me where the orange and yellow trails begin? I just randomly came across them and would like a little more info. One of them leads. I tried to follow them around but got lost around where safari one does the little loop. I ended up just following a trail that went on top of the hill huge boulders on each side which linked up with the dumbtruck hill.

bullit398

I would say what I saw on here in terms of maps was missing alot of the trails. This was our first ride here, but we covered alot of singltrack that didnt seem to be on the other maps and gps tracks in this post

JungleHabitat8-16-09.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would say what I saw on here in terms of maps was missing alot of the trails. This was our first ride here, but we covered alot of singltrack that didnt seem to be on the other maps and gps tracks in this post

As far as I know, the stuff that's not on the map is to the East (near Safari One). It's my favorite stuff and new trails are being made there constantly.

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
What stuff is near Safari One and Safari One where, as it is long and it turns :hmmm:

Was there today for a quick ride before the WC.
Covered everything except Goat. I think, unless new stuff I didn't see that is not yet marked....anybody??

Animal chute to Warthog to Otter Slide to Cages to Tiger Pen to Fish to Dump truck Climb to road to Dump Truck Hill back up the road to Dump Truck Climb, keep on Yellow to the road then Lower Chute back to the car.
Surprised it is only 7.x miles....Like I said I think I just skipped Goat.

Why the same color blaze but different name, where does one end/start :confused:

Where's the new stuff? where? where? where? :D

here is the link
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/40094543
If you beat my time I am NOT buying you any beer, if anything you should by me some to keep my ass slow :drooling:

BTW, somebody please go out with a leaf blower :D
All the trees up by Fish are losing their leaves, you can't see any rocks....FALL in the middle of JULY...makes it really interesting :getsome:
you can barely follow the trail, unless you know your way like me :p

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What stuff is near Safari One and Safari One where, as it is long and it turns :hmmm:

That post above by me was an old one before the new map was made. The stuff by Safari 1 I was talking about was Goat and So Long and Big Cats.

You pretty much hit everything except Goat and a few connector stuff. If I was doing a full loop I would have done exactly what you did today .. I haven't found a good way to connect up Goat.

There's supposedly some new stuff being built South of Otter Slide, but I haven't found it yet.

Last edited:

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG

Was there today for a quick ride before the WC.
Covered everything except Goat. I think, unless new stuff I didn't see that is not yet marked....anybody??

Why the same color blaze but different name, where does one end/start :confused:

There is some new stuff off of Otter but its under construction and dead ends. I think we'll wait until its all done before we blaze it. ;)

We tend to blaze entire trails in one color, white and orange for example, but we have names for segments in between. Otter, Cages, Tiger and Fish are all orange but when we use the names we know where specific sections are. White is mostly Warthog but we also have sections like "drunken stumble" within that segment. It just evolved that way based on what the volunteers that build the trails decide to call things.

p.s. Manny, I love you man :)

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
That post above by me was an old one before the new map was made. The stuff by Safari 1 I was talking about was Goat and So Long and Big Cats.

You pretty much hit everything except Goat and a few connector stuff. If I was doing a full loop I would have done exactly what you did today .. I haven't found a good way to connect up Goat.

There's supposedly some new stuff being built South of Otter Slide, but I haven't found it yet.

Modified Loop to get almost 18mi...I forgot my GPS, but got milage from ICEBIKER ;)

Animal chute to Warthog to Otter Slide to Cages to Tiger Pen to Fish to Dump truck Climb to road to Dump Truck Hill (double loop, counterclockwise and then clockwise) back up the road to Dump Truck Climb, to Orange (whatever the section name is) to Goat to Yellow down to the road then Lower Chute to lot. Then Lower Chute to Yellow, to Orange (all sections to end up in Otter slide) to Warthog to Animal Chute and back to the car.

Fun Fun Fun!

I can tell you but then I would have to kill you cause Jeff will have my ass.;) The only way to find it is to do some TM.

There is some new stuff off of Otter but its under construction and dead ends. I think we'll wait until its all done before we blaze it. ;)

No worries, I think I found it

We tend to blaze entire trails in one color, white and orange for example, but we have names for segments in between. Otter, Cages, Tiger and Fish are all orange but when we use the names we know where specific sections are. White is mostly Warthog but we also have sections like "drunken stumble" within that segment. It just evolved that way based on what the volunteers that build the trails decide to call things.

p.s. Manny, I love you man :)

Looking forward to getting up there tonight. Hopefully we can complete that new section as were were fairly close two weeks ago. Looks great, probably will ride even better when it's been ridden...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions