Manual Machine work?

ekuhn

Whats with all the groups of preteen kids on rail trails and them yelling "dO a wHeEliE!!!"? Seriously on my ride the other night, I passed 7 different groups of these kids and every single group yelled that.
I would get that all the time on my street bike some kids on the curb would ask - while I was slowly moving in traffic.....

So now I do it to kids and see what they do. Most of the time its "naaaa I cannnnn't."

pkovo

So after a few months, did it work?

@qclabrat how is the progress going? Since the time I posted this, I built up a 20", which is 100 times more fun to manual than a mtb.

So @qclabrat, how about this, I will learn to switch foot manual and/or 1 foot manual for motivation? Deal? Are we up to $20 for you now?

I only used it maybe 4 or 5 times, each for 5-15 minutes. I was able to manual 10 seconds or so at best. Didn't like the tether and ditched it immediately, I just step off the back if I go over, but it's rare as the rear brake works to stop that.

Long story short, it wasn't much fun. The trails opened up soon after I built it, so I didn't use it much. It's sitting in the unfinished side of my basement currently, and I cursed at it yesterday as I tripped over it.

I'm no better at doing manuals now than I was before. I can manual a set of rollers, but can't do the cool "showoff style" manuals I would like to be able to do. At this point, it's unlikely that I ever will be able to. I can wheelie like a champ though.

My daughter took some video of me back when I was using it. Maybe I'll dig that up and post it to really embarrass myself.

Even though it was a failure, it was a good distraction from everything that was going on at the time

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Saw ramps from this company on bmxc(?), looks neat. Would rip off, but mostly interested in the ramps, cuz I can't jump.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
B9BFAD8E-6667-4AB5-ABFE-9127982D70A2.jpeg

Top Bottom