Mahlon Sun 1/18

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Start at picnic area at 9am. Full outside loop w/ wma. Studs are highly recommended:getsome:

I may join you...might start a bit earlier at Saffin and aim for the picnic area by 9:00. Studs on. May bring a bud.

Rode Mahlon yesterday with Nokians on. Snow was deeper than I thought, with a really shifty base underneath. Challenging but a great cardio workout to say the least. Toes got prety frosty, feet hit the snow at the bottom of each pedal stroke. Took quite a few laps around the cleared off area of Saffin Pond ice to finish out the ride. I didn't see another set of bike tracks at all.

The Sun ride blew. Fricken park just cant seem to get their gates open so i just parked in the woods. The trails are littered w/ footprints that make riding almost impossible but i kept going hoping they'd stop farther into the woods. They didn't. Ended up bailing to a road and riding back to the truck. Decent exercise and the bike was workin great at least.............

I am in total agreement with you, the footprints make the trails nearly unrideable. I was able to find a few "virgin" trails on the Saffin Pond side but there weren't many.

Back
Top Bottom